DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I love the Splash Brothers but I cannot stand the rest of GSW.  Draymond Green is a fucktool.  If he had been some no-name player punting Durant in the nads, he'd have been out on his ass for the rest of the season.  What a fucked up message to send to the Steven Adamses of the league.

The only thing keeping me from pulling for the Thunder is my irrational hatred of Billy Donovan.  The very thought of him winning a Conference championship and maybe even a World championship in his rookie season as a coach sends waves of nausea through me.

I still have no idea what I saw last night.

Didn't give it much thought when Toronto ran them out of the bldg in game 3.  Still figured Cavs in 5.  Last night.... eh.  I figured it would be a Cavs win when Toronto couldn't hold onto an 18 pt. lead.

Still don't think Raptors will win series, but damn.,,

1 hour ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I still have no idea what I saw last night.

Didn't give it much thought when Toronto ran them out of the bldg in game 3.  Still figured Cavs in 5.  Last night.... eh.  I figured it would be a Cavs win when Toronto couldn't hold onto an 18 pt. lead.

Still don't think Raptors will win series, but damn.,,

I have no idea what happened last night either.  The 4th quarter is probably the most improbably series of events I've ever seen in an NBA game.  The Cavs made their first 12 shots and were getting every shot they wanted at will.  The Raptors were taking bad shots, followed by worse shots, and sometimes they'd just fling the ball towards the rim hoping it would go in, and they all did.  They also somehow got the refs to call phantom fouls against LeBron as well as just ignoring the fouls the Raptors committed.  This is the same exact team who couldn't make a shot the first two rounds of the playoffs and somehow still won.  Now they're making shots and I have no idea what happens.  

28 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So, whomever wins the WCC will win the NBA title as Toronto and Cleveland will rip each other to shreds and have nothing left for the Finals.

That was probably going to happen in any case. . .

OKC will come out of that series fired up that they beat the defending world champs and GSW will come out of that series fired up to defend their title and keep on making history.

Raptors / Cavs will be a war of attrition that will totally kill morale and if Cavs are having issues with Toronto now, OKC or GSW playing lights out will fucking give them fits.

I totally do not understand the last five minutes of that game last night. Why the fuck is LeBron distributing the basketball.  There should be two plays for Cleveland at a time like that.

1. Get the ball to LeBron.

2. Get the ball to LeBron

I know the guy was probably gassed, but what other options do you have when the floor is cold and he is the only guy that is able to score almost at will? Lue has to find was to sneak minutes in and give LeBron time to recharge.

Speaking of coaching decisions, Cleveland went 11 for 11 and chipped their way back into the game and what did Tyron Lue do?  HE PUT KYRIE BACK INTO THE GAME~!  I don't give a fuck who is a star starter.  If the unit I've got on the floor is clicking, I let them click and Kyrie can keep sitting on the fucking bench.

• Like 1

Raptors must win game 5 in Cleveland if they're going to take the series. They've been annihilated in Cleveland twice and if they can't beat them there with all of this momentum, I don't like their chances of doing it in a game 7. 

50 minutes ago, Infinit said:

That's right, keep downplaying the Raptor's chances lol. So...what happens to LeBron's legacy if/when the Cavs lose this series??

Nothing. It'll be the usual thing where everyone else gets thrown under the bus to protect him even though he picked the team, the players and the coach.

• Like 2

Jumping the gun a bit here, but if OKC wins the title by beating Cleveland, that would be easily the toughest road to a championship in NBA history right? Dallas was kind of a light appetizer, but a 69-win Spurs, a 73-win Warriors, and a LeBron-Kyrie-Love superteam Cavs is a murderer's row.

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

That's right, keep downplaying the Raptor's chances lol. So...what happens to LeBron's legacy if/when the Cavs lose this series??

He comes back to Miami and plays alongside Wade, Deng, Dragic, Bosh, and Durant.  

Is that what you want to hear? 

1 hour ago, Fallacy! said:

Jumping the gun a bit here, but if OKC wins the title by beating Cleveland, that would be easily the toughest road to a championship in NBA history right? Dallas was kind of a light appetizer, but a 69-win Spurs, a 73-win Warriors, and a LeBron-Kyrie-Love superteam Cavs is a murderer's row.

Those guys are fucking playing lights out and leave everything out on the court at the end of every game.  If anyone can do it, it's them.

If the Raptors take Game 5 in Believeland, I have to think they go on to win the ECC.

11 hours ago, Infinit said:

Hold up...weren't King James and the mighty Cavaliers supposed to sweep the lowly Raptors??? Pretty  sure I read a lot of that in this very thread lol

You might have but you can't disappear when things are going south and then show back up like I told y'all lol

• Like 1

OKC won the series with Dallas pretty easily, but they had to work hard for it.  If nothing else, it made Donovan realize he had to make some lineup changes, because they tried to play the same way against the Spurs and got carved up in the first two games.  That opening round also emphasized how much they need Kanter.

14 hours ago, Infinit said:

Hold up...weren't King James and the mighty Cavaliers supposed to sweep the lowly Raptors??? Pretty  sure I read a lot of that in this very thread lol

You want someone in here to say it so I'll be the one:

Raptors in 9.

• Like 2

They didn't really win the first round, they just ran out of time to choke away game 7. Second round, against the corpse of the Miami Heat and still needing 7 games was not much better, but now, beating the Cavs two games in a row, they have finally proven something to me. Lowry and DeRozan stepped up in games 3 and 4, let's see if they can keep it going.