DVDVR Message Board

March 21, 2016: Raw is bewilderingly inept.

Iron Moose

Enjoyed Owens-Styles and Charlotte-Natalya.

HEY, Terry Funk.

If the League Of Nations had any less heat, it'd solve global warming.

Mixed messages; commentators kept saying that New Day's insults had thrown the League off their game, yet they were standing at ringside literally laughing them off.  To be fair, that mic work was pretty pedestrian by New Day standards...I fear the writing team has gotten to them.

At least Jericho bothered to play into the narrative by yelling about how Fandango never beat him at Mania.

Gotta get Zack Ryder on the card. Thank God for that.

Stardust is one of the bigger-name midcarders who didn't have anything to do and makes sense fighting for the belt.

Weren't they trying to put together Stardust vs Stephen Amell one on one for Mania at one point?

Stephen saw the rest of the card and said that "something suddenly came up."

• Like 2

Happy for Zack Ryder. Guy's been working his tail of on Superstars/Main Event, and I've heard a couple of "in the know" podcasters say there may be a "refocusing" on Ryder post-Mania. Gotta think, like another poster sad, he earned serious respect getting his physique to the next level and babysitting Mojo in NXT. I also wonder if he earned some kind of weird respect from Vince for dating a Diva. I have no reason to think that, it just seems like something Vince would find "manly." 

Shane vs. Taker continues to become a clusterbang of increasingly epic proportions. I still think some kind of non-finish is in the cards, leading to a split. 

It's odd how dating a Diva works.  Ryder probably earned points for seeing Emma, but there seems to be at least some mild grumpiness about Rusev being with Lana.  Not that the Rusev/Lana situation is that simple, but still.

The structure of the show is awful.  With better flow, even the worst booking/writing would look passable (except for a 1-on-1 match featuring Strowman.  That's going to be bad right now, no matter what.).  But they can't pace the show for jack these days, and causes them to run out of steam in the third hour.

• Like 1

So, the big takeaway from this show is that Kevin Owens should wrestle in every Raw match, Kevin Owens should be part of every backstage segment, Kevin Owens should be the announcer for every match and Kevin Owens should be on commentary for every match.  Please don't ask me to explain how he could do that.

• Like 2

The highlight of Raw was Terry Funk clearly never having seen a Dean Ambrose match, so he just cut a promo about himself and then handed him a chainsaw. 

I like that all those hardcore legends are handing him things that clearly won't be used in the match.

That they gave a money match away for free (AJ/Owens), while also booking 0 money matches for Mania, is beyond impressive.  Blame the injuries all you want, but it would be legitimately hard to book a worse card with this specific group of talent.

Brock/Dean could be cool I guess.  Maybe.

• Like 1

When Vince said that it would be Undertaker's last WM if he lost, part of me thought it was Vince going off script to try and do anything to make the match more exciting and I imagined all of the creative staff in the back with faces like:

Shocked-Fan-After-Undertaker-Loss-to-Bro

The highlight of Raw was Terry Funk clearly never having seen a Dean Ambrose match, so he just cut a promo about himself and then handed him a chainsaw.

I like that all those hardcore legends are handing him things that clearly won't be used in the match.

Kind of annoyed Al Snow is in TnA cause him giving Ambrose 'head' next week would have been funny only for Ambrose to be like 'what the hell am I to do with is'

22 hours ago, (BP) said:

Roman's push is in the back of a stolen car bleeding out everywhere while Vince is driving and frantically singing,"You're gonna be okayyyy. Say the fucking worrrrds. You're gonna be okayyyy!"

Well I'm no photoshop wizard, but I tried for you.

GFsSNRX.png

• Like 6