DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

Big Show cries way too much especially over someone that made him have the shortest WHC reign in history and then made him feel guilty for running over a small girl.  Maybe he needs some TRT.

I don't get the feeling that Bryan is being buried by getting beat up every week.  I feel like it's really not doing the heels any favors that they can't keep this little guy down when they have the NUMBERS GAME! in their favor.

There's a big difference between a slow build where there's actual storyline progression and WWE simply treading water to get to NOC by doing the same repetitive ending every show.  Of course, I haven't watched every second of WWE's nine hours of first-run weekly programming so I may have missed some nuance.

They could've taken Bryan out the first week and just cut promos on him and beat up other babyfaces the next couple of weeks in order to set up the rest of the title matches at NOC until Bryan returns to help the babyfaces clean house on the go-home show.

• Like 1

God Dammit, Ben.  Stop being critical in a reasonable way.  It's unbecoming of this thread.

You're spot on though, they should have used at least some of this time to focus on The Shield as champions in their own right, which would have emphasized their significance within the storyline as well as giving them individual motivations for the next month.

The difference is that Lex Luger actually got to walk out of the building with the title instead of being knocked out by Randy Anderson.

...and job it out 6 days later. So let me get this straight: You whiny folk want Bryan to win the title on Monday, job it back to Orton at Night Of Champions, and never win it again? That's better booking than the last few weeks of WWE?GIVE THIS MAN THE BOOK

I said nothing like that. All I did was refer to the moment where Lex finally got a total victory over the nWo and had the locker room celebrate with him without having it ripped away from him through the usual nWo bullshit. But nice to jump to wild and stupid conclusions.

And please get new material...you've used GIVE THIS MAN THE BOOK on me already.

Sorry, pal - I won't rest until your flawless booking strategy is implemented.

Now, pardon me, I have to go die laughing at the notion that, 24 pages in, *I* am the person in this ridiculous thread that is jumping to stupid conclusions.

• Like 1

Big Show cries way too much especially over someone that made him have the shortest WHC reign in history and then made him feel guilty for running over a small girl.  Maybe he needs some TRT. I don't get the feeling that Bryan is being buried by getting beat up every week.  I feel like it's really not doing the heels any favors that they can't keep this little guy down when they have the NUMBERS GAME! in their favor. There's a big difference between a slow build where there's actual storyline progression and WWE simply treading water to get to NOC by doing the same repetitive ending every show.  Of course, I haven't watched every second of WWE's nine hours of first-run weekly programming so I may have missed some nuance. They could've taken Bryan out the first week and just cut promos on him and beat up other babyfaces the next couple of weeks in order to set up the rest of the title matches at NOC until Bryan returns to help the babyfaces clean house on the go-home show.

Did he cry when the bossman dragged around hid dead father's casket?

I'm not saying that Booker should have won the feud, but you can't book a guy to be a racist heel and have him not get any comeuppance at all from the guy he's insulting.

I never got a racist vibe from all that. It came off to me like HhH and Flair were calling him a mid card guy from WcW who shouldn't be a World Champ and should be carrying their bags, like a job guy. I hated the whole "backstage politics" stuff and didn't even think about race. To me racist is Lawler saying he'llwet Kamala's lips and stick him on a wall . I get why people thought HHH/ Booker was racist , but I took it as burying WCW .
Johnny, you are awesome and one of my favorite people I've ever discussed wrestling, or, well anything with... but that angle was racist as all get out.
Not if you're someone who doesn't think "race" first. Like I said , I get why people thought it was racist, but it came off more WCW guy can't hang with HHH to me. That entire angle could have been done word for word with, say, Scott Steiner and still would have sucked.
Triple-H calling out Scott Steiner's "nappy hair" wouldn't have had the same zing to it in this post-racial society.
Ouch. I stand corrected. I have no memory of that, but wow.

I'm not saying that Booker should have won the feud, but you can't book a guy to be a racist heel and have him not get any comeuppance at all from the guy he's insulting.

I never got a racist vibe from all that. It came off to me like HhH and Flair were calling him a mid card guy from WcW who shouldn't be a World Champ and should be carrying their bags, like a job guy. I hated the whole "backstage politics" stuff and didn't even think about race. To me racist is Lawler saying he'llwet Kamala's lips and stick him on a wall . I get why people thought HHH/ Booker was racist , but I took it as burying WCW .
Johnny, you are awesome and one of my favorite people I've ever discussed wrestling, or, well anything with... but that angle was racist as all get out.
Not if you're someone who doesn't think "race" first. Like I said , I get why people thought it was racist, but it came off more WCW guy can't hang with HHH to me. That entire angle could have been done word for word with, say, Scott Steiner and still would have sucked.
Triple-H calling out Scott Steiner's "nappy hair" wouldn't have had the same zing to it in this post-racial society.
Ouch. I stand corrected. I have no memory of that, but wow.

I seem to also remember him breaking out some "How white of you!" at some point in there during the feud, but that could have been at a different time.  I did always feel that they were playing up HHH as kinda racist during that feud.