DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Are Bret and Owen the only guys who could execute the Sharpshooter correctly? Every other version looks like DDP's shitty thing up there. And don't even tell me Sting. He can't even do his own Scorpion Deathlock at all....just ask Matt Morgan...who had to play being dead, while Sting sat there and had Morgan's feet lightly crossed...

Are Bret and Owen the only guys who could execute the Sharpshooter correctly? Every other version looks like DDP's shitty thing up there. And don't even tell me Sting. He can't even do his own Scorpion Deathlock at all....just ask Matt Morgan...who had to play being dead, while Sting sat there and had Morgan's feet lightly crossed...

Bret by far has the best Sharpshooter. You asked who else could execute the Sharpshooter correctly with Bret and Owen Hart? I'd add Cesaro. You forgot to name Rock for bad ones.

Great signature, that's from NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10, yes?

• Like 1

And as to what is going on - the best worst translation I could find

Recently, three days Ikegami Honmonji traditional end of winter Nuo rituals formula February I am allowed to participate as regular every year.

That is from what appears to be Kobashi's blog which I am so excited I found

Using Tna Sting sharpshooter gifs really isn't fair.

Pretty sure his back has prevented him from doing it right for some time. Go back and watch the one he did on HHH at WM I don't think he could even squat and just stood there.

Rock's version was by a wide margin the least hurty-looking.

Rock also looked like he was going to drop a deuce while executing the sharpshooter.

That's one thing I loved about Gorilla Monsoon; calling guys out on their execution. For example, saying that Jacques or Raymond Rougeau wouldn't get a submission from an abdominal stretch because their toe wasn't wrapped around the opponent's ankle. Or Hercules not having his fingers locked applying the full nelson. Little things like that made execution so important to me. You think any of today's announcers would pick up on that? We're lucky if they call the match going on in front of them.

• Like 1