DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank VI

Dolfan in NYC

Surreal main event with Jon Moxley having a wild brawl to headline a WWE pay-per-view, and Steena (man I'm drunk leave me alone) winning over fans worldwide with an unimaginative kickout match. Also I skipped thru the match, but never let that pale diva near a live mic again.

I loved the shit out of Cena and Owens. I'm not big on Cena getting his win back so soon but the way it was booked was perfect. Yes, they did push finisher overkill into 5th gear but my argument is that this is John Cena vs. Kevin Owens.  I think established stars should get some leeway. 

Cena was great. I was going nuts over him arguing with the ref and shit. He was like LeBron James out there. The best in the world but FUCK YOU HOW DIDN'T I GET THAT CALL?!

the post-match stuff was very cool.  Owens lost but so what. We're 1-1 now and who has the referees carrying him out? Not me..   Awesome laugh.

• Like 1

If the apron Powerbomb gave Cena a storyline injury, Owens should come out on RAW and talk about how Cena said he was going to be a fighting Champion and defend the belt every week, but he actually hasn't defended it in 29 days. And looking the the Pro Wrestling Statute book, there's this little obscure, largely forgotten thing called the 30 day rule...

• Like 1

I like that Cena doesn't want to shake Owens hand or give him the "you belong here, I respect you booker-man" head nod until AFTER he beats him. Like dude, the appropriate time to extend that olive branch would have been when the guy pinned you cleanly LAST MONTH. Nobody wants a wink and pat on the ass when they just got beat. Cena's character is such a subtle asshole.

So you missed where he said he was going to come out and shake his hand on the RAW after EC until Owens ran his mouth and called him a fraud?

I get that, but Cena is the moral compass. He's supposed to be above the "you insulted me, so I'm gonna insult you back" stuff. If he's the bigger man, he brushes off the insults and says "you beat me last night, you were the better man, but I'll see you down the road."

When Cena loses, he runs back and immediately get a re-match. When he wins, he wants to tell you how hard you worked and how proud he is of your progress. Chin up, kid.

Wait, so the guy whose clapback game was strong enough to make the Rock stutter and stammer for a response is supposed to just sit back and let a dude call him a fraud? I thought people were tired of faces being toothless?

Second paragraph is just being silly.

God, the night Cena destroyed the Rock on the mic remains a top ten all time RAW segment in my book.

• Like 1

Surreal main event with Jon Moxley having a wild brawl to headline a WWE pay-per-view, and Steena (man I'm drunk leave me alone) winning over fans worldwide with an unimaginative kickout match. Also I skipped thru the match, but never let that pale diva near a live mic again.

Ambrose has headlined 3 PPVs in a row in a wild brawl, plus main evented 3 PPVs last year which were...wild brawls. So, will it ever stop being surreal? 

Hey...did you see how, after Triple H gave a "go get 'em, Tiger" speech to Rollins, he BURIED Ambrose in chairs?!?!?

He BURIED HIM....

See...because Triple...H...sometimes...

I'll see myself out.

Kevin Owens' Powerbomb is a Finishing Move, so doing it anywhere but in the ring (or onto anything but the mat) is Murder Death Kill.

Seth Rollins' Powerbomb is a set-up move, so doing it outside the ring is painful but recoverable.

Roman Reigns' Powerbomb is a new move that he only just learned how to do, so doing it onto a Ladder, or onto a guy lying on a ladder is just a' You'll feel better after a nice lie down' situation.

Owens has to get rid of the package piledriver into a powerbomb. It has less impact and height than a standard powerbomb. There is no way that move should be devastating. He probably shouldn't do a sit out powerbomb if the papa powerbomb is going to be his finish. Unless he's Mike Awesome and makes 80% of his moveset powerbomb variations. 

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get how an apron powerbomb is suppose to cripple Cena, but two buckle bombs into guardrails(which both looked way worse than the apronbomb) followed by a running Liger bomb onto a ladder with ten chairs on it doesn't permanently cripple Dean Ambrose.

Well, if this was 1985, I'd say cocaine.

But it's 2015, so the answer is probably painkillers..... chased with cocaine.

2.  For now on the refs should determine the correct Bella by having them show off their tramp stamp.  I mean Brie showing her vagina tat to prove identity is amazing

Have you ever been with a woman?

Wrestling fans take shit so literally now. Go with what would make a good blurb in a book 10 years from now.

It wouldn't have killed the WWE to either put the strap on Dean for two weeks and lose at MITB, or have him win in Ohio and have Sheamus cash in that night. The fact that the guy who wins MITB didn't cash in at any point when both Rollins/Ambrose were dead on the floor makes the whole concept of the MITB even more ridiculous at this point. If Sheamus cashed in, you have five weeks to build to new things and see what happens at Battleground: 

WORLD TITLE: Sheamus vs. Ambrose

Kane vs. Rollins (because Authority is crumbling)

[/armchairbooking]

Finally caught up on MITB.  Show was fine for what it was(though I knew the results ahead of time so that may have been a factor).  Nothing really blew me away, to be honest.  Weird to see Cena turn into the indie MOVEZ~! guy in big matches.

If the apron Powerbomb gave Cena a storyline injury, Owens should come out on RAW and talk about how Cena said he was going to be a fighting Champion and defend the belt every week, but he actually hasn't defended it in 29 days. And looking the the Pro Wrestling Statute book, there's this little obscure, largely forgotten thing called the 30 day rule...

A perfectly healthy Brock went four months between title defenses last year. If no one brought it up then, why should they start now?

• Like 1