DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Oh alright, I wasn't aware of that. That should be cool to see then. Still seems like a steep price point for how much content there actually is, though. I guess I've been spoiled by the Network.

On a totally unrelated note:

B1HW3dF.png

Uh, no, no I didn't

Well ... did "poop" yield any results?

I just tried it now, and it gave me a Brock Lesnar "Eat, Sleep, Poop, Repeat" dog collar and leash. So now I just feel silly.

That should be on an infant onesie.

Oh alright, I wasn't aware of that. That should be cool to see then. Still seems like a steep price point for how much content there actually is, though. I guess I've been spoiled by the Network.

B1HW3dF.png

Uh, no, no I didn't

Looks like someone just got around to reading this boards thoughts on how to get girls and what constitutes high fashion.

• Like 1

Uh, no, no I didn't

Looks like someone just got around to reading this boards thoughts on how to get girls and what constitutes high fashion.

This is gonna sound weird, especially in 2015, but I was actually looking for an NWO polo to wear to my office as part of an in-joke with a friend of mine. That thread sounds like it's either going to be very informative, or chock full of unintentional humor, and i'm not sure which

I dont know why it took so long for me to see it but... Is Muta's "Summon the Genie" the best entrance in wrestling history?

Definitely a case to be made for it as a top 5 or 10 entrance, but for me, the spectacle of Sting repelling from a helicopter during one of those Spring Break Nitros was really something.

So is Samurai TV going to be worth the $20 for me every month?

You're getting the On-Demand service? This is what they have for July. If you have NJPW World, you're already getting the G-1 shows. There's the Hashimoto Memorial show with Daichi vs Yuuji Nagata. More than likely in the later months you'll get the Tenryu "Retirement Road" shows.

Wild wrestling dream last night:

Dreamt that I was in a tag team with Big Show, and we had this sweet finisher - and I say this for a reason - that involved Show hiptossing an opponent while I, coming off the ropes, would hit this running inverted Codebreaker looking thing. Now, logistics be damned, for some reason this move became some hugely over finisher (think the Diamond Cutter at its height).

And the weird thing is, I noticed when waking up, all my wrestling experience in my dreams has become cumulative. So, I've worked IWA-MS, Southern States Wrestling, Chikara, and some time with AAA.

I dont know why it took so long for me to see it but... Is Muta's "Summon the Genie" the best entrance in wrestling history?

I absolutely loved that entrance.

Child me still hopes they do something similar in WWE to introduce a new Undertaker/Kane-like character. Modern times be damned. I want to have some kind of ultra-evil undead/demon to root for.

The actual entrance was disappointing, but this picture makes it look great:

wmmdysj-2115795-1024x576.jpg

• Like 2

re: NWA/Houston video library:

they don't have anything newer than 1986? i can't imagine they'll get many people signing up for that. As stated, the older WWE events are the least-watched things on the WWE Network.

now, if they aired more current stuff, like the NWA Showcase tv shows from 2008 (that aired on the Colours network for 10 episodes before never being seen again) or the 2009 run of that show, or the NWA World Title Tournament from 2007 (which they promised to release a dvd of, but never did), or even the "7 Levels of Hate" series between Colt and Pearce for the NWA Title, then it would at least have SOMETHING.

has the NWA Title tournament from SMW ever been shown? or for that matter, the whole NWA/ECW tournament? (note: i am aware that WWE likely owns both of these)

the 2 NWA Grand Slam events from 1993?

how about any NWA title matches/cards from after the ECW tourney up until the TNA merger?

or any smaller NWA fed's weekly shows. Anarchy and Wildside both had shows in the 2000s that likely feature current talent and have name recognition.

just saying, there's plenty of unseen stuff out there to bolster a "NWA Network".

re: NWA/Houston video library:

they don't have anything newer than 1986? i can't imagine they'll get many people signing up for that. As stated, the older WWE events are the least-watched things on the WWE Network.

now, if they aired more current stuff, like the NWA Showcase tv shows from 2008 (that aired on the Colours network for 10 episodes before never being seen again) or the 2009 run of that show, or the NWA World Title Tournament from 2007 (which they promised to release a dvd of, but never did), or even the "7 Levels of Hate" series between Colt and Pearce for the NWA Title, then it would at least have SOMETHING.

has the NWA Title tournament from SMW ever been shown? or for that matter, the whole NWA/ECW tournament? (note: i am aware that WWE likely owns both of these)

the 2 NWA Grand Slam events from 1993?

how about any NWA title matches/cards from after the ECW tourney up until the TNA merger?

or any smaller NWA fed's weekly shows. Anarchy and Wildside both had shows in the 2000s that likely feature current talent and have name recognition.

just saying, there's plenty of unseen stuff out there to bolster a "NWA Network".

Remember, the majority of this supposed network is from the Houston library, and Houston joined the WWF in 1987.

right. but to call it the "NWA Network" opens up a lot of missed opportunity. Maybe they'll gradually expand to include more of that stuff, or maybe they're just leveraging it to sell to Vince, or maybe they're delusional enough to think they'll make money with what they have. Good luck to them, whatever they're endgame is.

right. but to call it the "NWA Network" opens up a lot of missed opportunity. Maybe they'll gradually expand to include more of that stuff, or maybe they're just leveraging it to sell to Vince, or maybe they're delusional enough to think they'll make money with what they have. Good luck to them, whatever they're endgame is.

I had not considered the leveraging to sell to Vince angle, but that's a really, really good point.

I simply cannot afford it right now- between cable, internet, Netflix, Google Play, and WWE Network, my entertainment dollar is stretched very thin at the moment. But it would be nice if it at least decent enough to get Vince to upload some more old territory era footage to the Network

It's a shame Dolph got concussed shortly after this cuz I thought this was gonna be the rocker ship to the top

Still gives me chillbumps. That pop when his music hit was thermonuclear.

The rematch was amazing too. 2nd best double-turn in the history of the business.

It's a shame Dolph got concussed shortly after this cuz I thought this was gonna be the rocker ship to the top

Still gives me chillbumps. That pop when his music hit was thermonuclear.

The rematch was amazing too. 2nd best double-turn in the history of the business.

Kinda weird watching that and thinking that if Ziggler really does leave, Big E. will be the only one of the 5 superstars involved in that match still with the company and it's only just over two years ago: Dolph (maybe), Del Rio, AJ and Ricardo all gone.