DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

So, MITB is in like 3 weeks or something. Usually there are one or two guys that stand out around this time, but I can't think of anyone that looks good for it right now. Looks like Rollins/Lesnar is pretty close to locked in for Summer Slam, so it would have to be a longer-term prospect. I guess it could be Roman who, in a reversal of fortune, holds the case over Rollins' head like the sword of Damocles. Perhaps Kevin Owens if he sticks around?

Who does everyone else think is the favorite to win MITB this year?

And Becky's orange hair rules.

\/\/\/\/

The idea of Bayley being part of some sort of heel IV Horsewomen unit makes me laugh.

Also, Becky Lynch DIDN'T LIKE THE JIG DANCE!  BUT SHE'S IRISH.  ALL IRISHMEN KNOW HOW TO DANCE A JIG.  HOW WILL FANS KNOW SHE'S IRISH IF SHE DOESN'T DANCE A JIG?  MAYBE SHE COULD CARRY A POTATO!

I wonder if one of the agents suggested she dye her hair that awful orange color.

So, MITB is in like 3 weeks or something. Usually there are one or two guys that stand out around this time, but I can't think of anyone that looks good for it right now. Looks like Rollins/Lesnar is pretty close to locked in for Summer Slam, so it would have to be a longer-term prospect. I guess it could be Roman who, in a reversal of fortune, holds the case over Rollins' head like the sword of Damocles. Perhaps Kevin Owens if he sticks around?

\/\/\/\/

I'd go with Owens.  Have him win and be a dick to Brock for a few months.

\/\/\/\/

I'd go with Owens. Have him win and be a dick to Brock for a few months.

If anyone could make compelling television out of the whole "will he or won't he cash in" its Owens.

Wow.  That is amazing.  But TNA isn't cancelled, right?  Right?  I'm glad I have a high def place to watch ROH now.  

ROH will be the lead-in for Impact

Presumably they will get more time when Impact is officially cancelled in the fall

• Like 1

The Briscoes are going to be megastars with Destination America's demo. They'll be crossing over onto every shitty reality show or faux-documentary show DA has in no time.

• Like 2

So, if their main gripe with TNA was that wrestling doesn't attract advertisers, why would they replace it with yet another wrestling show?

Their main gripe is that TNA doesn't attract advertisers.

• Like 1

So, if their main gripe with TNA was that wrestling doesn't attract advertisers, why would they replace it with yet another wrestling show?

Their main gripe is that TNA doesn't attract advertisers.

Their second major gripe is that Dixie Carter is an asshole.  

Their third major gripe is that Dixie went to them asking for money to pay people, which is probably a problem Sinclair doesn't have.

I would assume that ROH is probably cheaper to have on their channel and more likely not to scare away advertisers because really, just going by the names, would you rather advertise on Ring of Honor or TN-fucking-A? 

Wow.  That is amazing.  But TNA isn't cancelled, right?  Right?  I'm glad I have a high def place to watch ROH now.  

ROH will be the lead-in for Impact

Presumably they will get more time when Impact is officially cancelled in the fall

Smart of DA to run shows back to back.  ROH and TNA will presumably share the same audience, so when DA drops TNA they can keep the audience and save money assuming that ROH's deal is less than TNA's.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see how much RoH and TNA have in common in terms of audience. Also it will be interesting to see what kind of advertisers RoH can get that TNA couldn't and how quickly those people dig up old Briscoe quotes to those new advertisers.

I love how it went from "Advertisers want nothing to do with wrestling" to "Advertisers want nothing to do with wrestling TNA".

Gah, TNA is being dealt a super-sized shit sandwich.  Hate the idea of good talent losing jobs, but Dixie is getting a mighty dose of karma right now.

• Like 1