DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-27-15

MGFanJay

What did Brie say?  I missed that segment.

She is. Very happy for. Her sister. And Daniel Bryan. Her husband. Loves the. WWE Universe. And misses. Being in. WWE every. Day. Only time. Will tell. How he. Heals up. From his. Latest injury.

• Like 8

So the King of the Ring tournament is essentially a two day thing, aka, the writers and creative are lazy as fuck and the winner receives nothing, I can't actually understand the incentive for anyone in it, it's essentially become the Charity Shield, zero lineage. Anyway. I loved Neville/Harper and want to see Neville face pretty much everyone on the roster, so that's a plus. Raw was a peripheral vision masterpiece this week.

They are fighting for a crown dude. And probably a robe. Maybe even a scepter. Come on, who doesn't want to be The King?

• Like 3

I kinda get the feeling Sheamus is winning KOTR so they can build him back up as Cena's next foreign menace to conquer post-Rusev...

So we get King Sheamus AGAIN?  That was literally the lowest point of Sheamus' WWE career.  I'm actually picturing dementia Vince coming up with the idea and the underlings being too scared to tell him they already tried that five years ago.

theoldmanandthelisa8.png

"Yes sir Mr. McMahon"

• Like 1

I just dont see them putting Neville over Barrett in two straight matches.

If anything, I could see them only putting Neville over in the first place because they knew Barrett would be going over the second time, in the match with the bigger stakes.

Even so, Barrett/Neville seems like the most obvious final after the first round. I don't buy Truth going over Barrett and I don't see them running a heel/heel final, so my bet is Ziggler costs Sheamus the match against Neville somehow,

They should just do a finger-poke finish and finally set up the UK stable we've been fantasy-booking in some permutation for years now.

I really hope this never happens, simply because I've been hearing online chatter about it for a legitimate 16 years and it isn't THAT good an idea. It's also about as creative as putting all of the black dudes in a stable toge...Oh.

• Like 1

Barrett/R-Truth match will be first, then the Neville/Sheamus match. Barrett wins his match clean. Ziggler will cost Sheamus the match, but after a long match where Neville is beat down pretty good. Then Barrett will come out immediately after to start the final, putting Neville out there in the sympathetic role of having to keep fighting while Barrett is fresh. Neville will stay in it, but ultimately lose, selling the fact that he just did 30-40 minutes straight against two opponents. Puts Neville over as tough, but Barrett gets the win and maybe we get a rubber match with Barrett and Neville at Payback.

So the King of the Ring tournament is essentially a two day thing, aka, the writers and creative are lazy as fuck and the winner receives nothing, I can't actually understand the incentive for anyone in it, it's essentially become the Charity Shield, zero lineage. Anyway. I loved Neville/Harper and want to see Neville face pretty much everyone on the roster, so that's a plus. Raw was a peripheral vision masterpiece this week.

They are fighting for a crown dude. And probably a robe. Maybe even a scepter. Come on, who doesn't want to be The King?

I would guess there is a lot of money in winning and prestige. 

Barrett/R-Truth match will be first, then the Neville/Sheamus match. Barrett wins his match clean. Ziggler will cost Sheamus the match, but after a long match where Neville is beat down pretty good. Then Barrett will come out immediately after to start the final, putting Neville out there in the sympathetic role of having to keep fighting while Barrett is fresh. Neville will stay in it, but ultimately lose, selling the fact that he just did 3-4 minutes straight against two opponents. Puts Neville over as tough, but Barrett gets the win and maybe we get a rubber match with Barrett and Neville at Payback.

Fixed it for you!

Seems more realistic that way!

• Like 1

I've been arguing for over a year that they should do KOTR on the network as an exclusive to help give the sense that there is content that you will only get on the Network.

Which actually brings me to an annoyance:

Execution matters. It bugs me when people will take something WWE does and showcase it with an argument along the lines of "Well, you guys said they needed new blood! And now they're giving it to you and you're complaining!"

Like, for instance, in this case:

"They're doing KOTR on the network as an exclusive like you wanted! Why are you complaining?"

I'm complaining because the execution really defeats the purpose. It's not about doing something for the sake of doing it. It's about the result that they were supposed to get from doing it in the first place and I don't think the way they're executing it will give them that result.

I'm not sure that's the single most annoying argument we get around here sometimes, but it's up there. 

• Like 2

There's no way it can. They're doing this goofball super-rushed tournament to give the illusion that they give a shit. Sure, THIS WEEK, they almost do - but that's because they want to retain the freeloaders from April. The second they see that not every week is going to be this loaded, they're either going to abandon it after seeing through WWE's charade, or stick with it for legacy content.

I still think they were morons for not running a one night tournament on the quick (maybe on one of their Saturday night house shows with a MSG show sort of feel) on the network to decide the WWE champion after Bryan got hurt. They could have put it on Cena just as easily and just gone with the original plans for Money in the Bank using him in whatever role they would have had Bryan in with just one ladder match.

Y'all should skip Raw and just watch the PPVs. They cover everything you need to know/see and the matches seem fresh.

I refuse to suffer through their weekly tv without DVR, and, while no Gregg, I LIKE the WWE.

I have been doing this lately. Gives me more time with the kids....and more time to kill mother fuckers on Mortal Kombat X

I am 100% in favour of R-Truth becoming King.  I've got a vision of him strutting down the aisle, kind of like the Jack Nicholson Joker in the Batman movie, with a scepter, crown and robe calling himself 'The King of Truth' and interrupting matches with royal decrees about spiders and the like, and trying to overrule Kane's decisions because as King he outranks Director of Operations.  Eventually, because he thinks it's funny and he's tired of his whining, Triple H recognizes Truth's title of 'King' as being slightly above Kane on the flowchart, so we get Kane having to do Truth's bidding and becoming increasingly frustrated (Backstage vignettes of Kane with one of his loafers off trying to kill spiders backstage) and eventually they team up as a tag team when one stands up to Triple H on the other's behalf, or feud in some of the worst TV matches we'll get in ages.

• Like 7

Y'all should skip Raw and just watch the PPVs. They cover everything you need to know/see and the matches seem fresh.

Shit, that's what I do. More because I can't be arsed to sit through most live tv anymore, but that's beside the point.

Is it just me or does the Bray/Ryback feel like the warm-up to Bray moving to someone higher up after Payback?  Having him feud with Ryback doesn't seem to help either guy much.  Not to mention that Bray's previous promos didn't tie into Ryback.  I don't know, it still feel off to me.