DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Well, right now a lot are just doing "pay to fast forward", I've seen a few games that do special stuff only available through money, but not a ton.  I've seen some games that it seems like its "pay for a special item" because of limited item drops and pay services give you more runs (shit, I've seen games where certain items only drop if you're using a pay service), so its scattered.  

I just clicked "place order"

No promise I won't get smart and cancel before it ships. But 1tb system plus Arkham Knight was just so damn tempting.

That one also comes with Master Chief Collection too, right?? If so, you made out like a bandit. That's 5 great games!

Unless you got this deal, I would cancel your order.

http://www.sp00fee.com/xbox-one-assassins-creed-bundle-xbox-live-game/deals/870519

Link ain't working, dog. Make sure to use the "link" button when posting urls.

Edit: Hah, now the link is showing up as dead.  Looks like it's a link to this, the Assassin's Creed Bundle which does look like a great deal if you don't have a PS4. "Only" the 500gb hard drive though.

Ugh, picked up Shadows or Mordor and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, as they were cheap. Been playing State of Decay, and it's pretty fun, though quite buggy. 

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen isn't too bad but extremely lengthy and kind of a weird game.

I got one trophy left from a Platinum in Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Getting Batman: Arkham Knight Tuesday.

Well, it shipped, should be here tomorrow.

This was not a smart decision.

I'll be in the same boat once they officially unveil the Halo 5 edition Xbox One. At least the new Xbox One controllers will have the headphone jack, so you can use your PS4 headset if you so choose.

EDIT: In other news, I worked my way through most of the Mexico portion of Red Dead Redemption (I think I have 3 missions left (1 Luisa and 2 Reyes missions)). This is still by far my favorite game of this generation, which is why I am trying to FINALLY finish it. However, this entire Mexico portion is the total definition of stalling. It gets to the point where you just want Marston to go full Jack Bauer on Allende/DeSanta/Espinoza and Reyes. I also felt like taking out Espinoza with a sawed off shotgun was a little too quick.

What happened to DeSanta? I guess he scours away. 

• Like 2

I think one of the reasons I love RDR so much is that i was playing it when i took a trip to Monument Valley for my 40th birthday, so it has an emotional connection for me.

Being a great game doesnt hurt

I feel like this generation of consoles will finally win me over when/if the next Red Dead game drops. So, it could be a while. Red Dead is by far my favourite video game of all of the times. In particular, the interactions with fauna really took it to another level. Nothing beats the dread of hearing a cougar's call when you're trying to take one down with nothing but a knife. Oh, and chasing an injured bear around with a knife also makes for good times.

Basically, Red Dead with more nuanced animal life please. That and a new Fire Pro are at the top of my gaming wishlist. 

I feel like this generation of consoles will finally win me over when/if the next Red Dead game drops. So, it could be a while. Red Dead is by far my favourite video game of all of the times. In particular, the interactions with fauna really took it to another level. Nothing beats the dread of hearing a cougar's call when you're trying to take one down with nothing but a knife. Oh, and chasing an injured bear around with a knife also makes for good times.

Basically, Red Dead with more nuanced animal life please. That and a new Fire Pro are at the top of my gaming wishlist. 

I have had Red Dead since it released, which makes it more embarrassing that I've never finished it. I'm about 22 hours into it according to the game, but I am sure I am more than that from getting frustrated and reverting back to a save when I thought I had to play through the game without Marston having one death on record.

I will say the one area that can get me stuck in a time warp is playing Texas Hold 'Em. I could start a game with good intentions of playing a few missions or finishing off a stranger's mission and then stumble by a poker table and go "just a few hands." Three hours later and a determination to clear everyone out I am cussing at my tv.

Well, it shipped, should be here tomorrow.

This was not a smart decision.

I'll be in the same boat once they officially unveil the Halo 5 edition Xbox One. At least the new Xbox One controllers will have the headphone jack, so you can use your PS4 headset if you so choose.

EDIT: In other news, I worked my way through most of the Mexico portion of Red Dead Redemption (I think I have 3 missions left (1 Luisa and 2 Reyes missions)). This is still by far my favorite game of this generation, which is why I am trying to FINALLY finish it. However, this entire Mexico portion is the total definition of stalling. It gets to the point where you just want Marston to go full Jack Bauer on Allende/DeSanta/Espinoza and Reyes. I also felt like taking out Espinoza with a sawed off shotgun was a little too quick.

What happened to DeSanta? I guess he scours away.

As a fan of Westerns it’s great to see a gaming world like Red Dead Redemption built on them. The Mexico section of the game isn’t as good as what preceded it on McFarlane’s Ranch. I've seen others like us feel the same way about it. I'm still there as I haven't played the game in ages. When I do, I usually just travel around, I do that with most sandbox games. I could start a new game not remembering the story but I don't want to do the Mexico section again. I might just find a recap of the story where I'm up to so far.