DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

Much better trailer than the one originally posted here.

That is a significant improvement over the first trailer. I'm actually a little excited for it now whereas before I was kind of worried.

I agree, a lot better than the first trailer.

I still don't know. I mean we'll probably see it in the theater anyway but I still feel like this could be a giant clusterfuck. Still, Jennifer Lawrence and Fassbender are always watchable.

A clusterfuck was always my biggest concern with this film. Hopefully Bryan Singer's third X-Men film is the quality of his previous X-Men films, X-Men and especially X2.

Yeah, I loved it. It both expanded our sense of the scale of the movie while also expounding on the Xavier/Magneto conflict at the heart of the movie in a significat way. And I like that they're selling this less as "Come see this action-sci-fi spectacle" (although it does promise quite a bit of that) and more "Come see if, given a second chance, these two characters can work out their issues and make things right." It seems more interested in paying off a decade's worth of character building than SPLOSIONS, which gives me hope for the movie.

Great. Googly. Moogly. That trailer is awesome. IF, and that's a big if, Singer pulls this off, I will forgive him for bailing on X3 and not delivering what should have been a good Dark Phoenix Saga movie.

• Like 1

Thanks Craig.

Honestly, I'm interested but I'm still confused about what the heck is going on in this movie.  Like how did we get from Wolverine 2 to what's going on in this movie?  Because in this movie it looks like the world is basically destroyed...so when did that happen?

Are they even going to explain how Xavier is back in his old body?

I think I saw Ellen Page. I didn't know she was back for this. There's a ton of high quality actors, if it sucks it will be all on Singer..

She is on the poster right by Wolvie's crotch.

Like others, I enjoyed the trailer, but am also wondering how Singer is going to "fix" the universe.  I will probably see it in theaters, but it is less of a must than Captain America.

Thanks Craig.

Honestly, I'm interested but I'm still confused about what the heck is going on in this movie. Like how did we get from Wolverine 2 to what's going on in this movie? Because in this movie it looks like the world is basically destroyed...so when did that happen?

Are they even going to explain how Xavier is back in his old body?

World destroyed stuff is twenty years in the future.

How awesome was the casting on FIRST CLASS? Not only did they nail down some great actors, but they locked down Fassbender and Lawrence right at the moment they were breaking out as superstars. Incredible foresight on someone's part. Even Nicholas Hoult carried a surprise modest hit in WARM BODIES last year. The only major cast member who hasn't really blossomed is McAvoy, but he hasn't done much in the interim besides starring in one of Danny Boyle's minor works.

Okay, January Jones as Emma Frost was a colossal misfire. But the director got her pregnant, so it worked out for somebody.