DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

Wait...What? Morpheus has his head dropped through a fucking toilet, he's thrown through a wall, and suffers way more than enough damage in that rescue sequence to kill a family of elephants, but he gets up and still manages to try to make the leap to the helicopter and all the damage is undone as soon as they're back in the real world/additional layer of the Matrix. Fucking Neo dies and is resurrected. So who is getting hurt?

More than in the sequels. Smith and Neo punching each other forever was boring as fuck, much like The Raid.

Oh, ok. I see what you're saying. Not regarding The Raid, but the Matrix sequels, rather.

I wish someone would just reboot the Matrix sequels.

Hating The Raid and loving Michael Bay? That doesn't sound like me at all.

So yes, I am FSW, I'm also Mike Zeidler.

This is the second time in the past week that someone has accused me of being someone else. How bizarre. 

For tax reasons, I'm Vic during his sabbatical.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the last 2 pages of this thread.

FSW is the most bi-polar movie guy ever.

Haha I just hate it when people shrug off bullets and punches and shit to keep prolonging a stupid dull fight scene. Its like Halo. Halo is basically a video game where you shoot garden gnomes with paintball guns. There's no sense of consequence or impact to anything you do. Compare it with early Call of Duty or Battlefield and its awful. Same with movies like The Raid or The Matrix. They hit each other a lot but they're all superhuman so its irrelevant. Why even fight Smith if you can't hurt him and he can't hurt you? The Raid was worse because it was stupid on top of being ridiculous.