DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

Finally watched The Wolverine, as I was actively avoiding it until it was on Redbox.

It was better than Origins, but man, it fucking sucked.  Like it fucking baffles my mind how someone decided that story was a Wolverine story.

I guess best way to explain what I mean is my knee jerk facebook reaction post:

Finally saw The Wolverine and thought it sucked. I've been a Wolverine fan since I could read comics. I even had the Secret Wars Wolverine figure that came out in 1984, so that's solid evidence of me liking the character since I was four years old. I turn 34 this year. When I envisioned a Wolverine movie as a kid I never would have thought we would get a two hour five minute movie with him talking about his feelings and shit for over half of it. They did worse than making a shitty Wolverine movie- they made a boring one.

• Like 1

you've got a motherfucker who stabs motherfuckers and can heal and you spend the whole movie dealing with his fucking nightmares that aren't even the cool Nightmare nightmares

I would do a pretty different rewrite

WHO IS JEAN?

Bitch ask me again

WHO IS

SNIKT DIE

Fuck Japan I'm gonna go hang in Madripoor where's my patch

oh hey look I still have my fucking claws what do you know?

etc

• Like 1