DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

Why the hell didn't they start off with these trailers? They are so much better than the first two.

What do you do to build to the movie after giving away the last two trailers first?

Not a damn thing, but keep showing those trailers. In general its usually only the first trailer that is shown regularly in theaters so it really doesn't make sense to have better trailers at the last minute.

Yeah, that's what I've been seeing the most, the "oh shit, the rumors are true" thing. And correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't the first time he's had these types of allegations thrown his way, is it?

Not to be that guy, but yeah, that shit is legit. I've heard so many stories about Bryan Singer in this gerd ferserken town now that it's kind of a joke. 9 times out of 10, if someone says 'well a friend of mine got put in a weird sexual situation with a director...' you can just say 'Bryan Singer?' and you're correct.

The guy who played Pyro was a main character in the show Nikita which was just recently canceled. I haven't seen any interviews with him discussing this so a link would be cool. 

Also, I thought Singer had nothing to do with The Last Stand? He walked away to do Superman and Ratner was the hired gun? 

Aaron Stanford played him in the last two movies, and he was a somewhat established actor beforehand. It was a different guy in the first movie - THAT was the guy who had the casting couch story.

I don't even remember the character being in the first movie, honestly.

But this is losing the point, I guess...  "Casting couch" is immoral, and if the actor/actress under the legal age of consent, an obvious crime.  But it's still a major jump from that to "forcibly sodomized" a kid.  And...  Ugh.  Just... 

Pyro was a glorified easter egg in the first movie. He makes an apple out of flame in an attempt to impress Rogue during class, and Bobby turns it into ice. That's it.

In other words, exactly the sort of bone you'd throw to an aspiring unkown actor while trying to throw him your bone.

Yeah, looked it up.  Kid's name is Alex Burton, and that's literally his only credit on imdb.

There are a lot of hits on google with allegations about how he got the job, but nothing that looks concrete.

I also learned that Singer was at least threatened with lawsuits from some of the extras in Apt Pupil for "bullying" them into stripping naked for the shower scene, and allegedly having private screenings of the footage from said scene in his house. 

I also learned that Singer was at least threatened with lawsuits from some of the extras in Apt Pupil for "bullying" them into stripping naked for the shower scene, and allegedly having private screenings of the footage from said scene in his house. 

This gives a whole new meaning to the word "dailies".