DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

RIPPA

Would a person who knows very little about Daredevil or comics in general enjoy this show?? You guys have me interested in giving this a go.

I would say yes.  It goes at everything basically from a very fresh perspective.  It's essentially Daredevil: Year One.  

• Like 1

I thought the 6th episode was the first one that didn't totally click the way it was supposed to. That's the quasi-"bottle episode" with DD and the Russian surrounded in the abandoned building. I think it really lacked the sense of urgency it needed to be what they were going for. All the stuff with DD and the Russian felt like it was happening in a black hole where time moved more slowly than everything outside.

Not to say it was bad or anything, but I think 24 did this same type of episode much better at least a half dozen times during its run.

Absorbing Man makes sense from the perspective that there is never going to be another Hulk movie.  It doesn't make sense to squeeze in Absorbing Man to one of the Avengers films.  

Absorbing Man is a Thor villain. He would be ideal or the Masters Of Evil. 

Though Marvel seems to have screwed up on introducing Zemo.

Absorbing Man makes sense from the perspective that there is never going to be another Hulk movie. It doesn't make sense to squeeze in Absorbing Man to one of the Avengers films.

Absorbing Man is a Thor villain. He would be ideal or the Masters Of Evil.

Though Marvel seems to have screwed up on introducing Zemo.

Crusher Creel was fighting Jack Murdock in his last fight in the MCU though.

Wai Ching Ho, the actress who plays Gao, is really wonderful. It took me some digging to find out who she was because oddly she's not listed on the show's IMDB. Pretty much everyone crushes it, terrific ensemble.

I guess that explains how an old lady was able beat Daredevil with just a punch.

EDIT:

Here is another reference. 

When Claire calls Matt "Mike" it is a reference to when Matt posed as his evil twin brother...Mike Murdock.

OhKaren3Pic3.png

Would a person who knows very little about Daredevil or comics in general enjoy this show?? You guys have me interested in giving this a go.

I've never read the comic and know some general stuff about the character through reading other discussions and comic geek friends, and I've enjoyed it so far (just finished episode 3).  The fight choreography for this show has been spectacular, Episode 2 had some straight up Oldboy shit going on.

Possibly dumb question - Daredevil exists in the same universe as the Avengers and all those other characters who have access to otherworldly technology and can do pretty much anything in terms of scientific procedures.  At any point in his character's run has someone offered him a procedure to restore his sight, or would that cut down on his other abilities?

• Like 1