DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I would do absolutely anything to see someone take that 1 on 1 challenge. You know Dame's thinking about it since he seems like a total psychopath. No way it happens (at least in the public eye) but it'd be great to see a release next week of "KD says injuries are preventing him from the All-Star Game, Lillard named as replacement."

I feel like this happened:

Kevin Durant: Whoever want my spot can play me one-on-one for it.

Russel Westbrook: I'm in.

Durant: But you're already on the team

Russ: *blankly stares while wrapping hands in tape.*

Durant: I'm talking about people not on the team. You don't need my spot. You have a spot.

Russ: *dips wrapped hands into a bucket filled with broken glass*

• Like 12

Kevin Durant: Whoever want my spot can play me one-on-one for it.

Durant: I'm talking about people not on the team. You don't need my spot. You have a spot.

And with this, I finally forgive you for March Madness last year.
  • Like 1

He wrapped up Mozgov's neck from behind. It was a solid T.

He was given a Flagrant 1 for his aborted attempt to hit Mozgov with the Zig Zag. His technical came later when he tried to inbound the ball quickly and the ref tried to slow the pace and Paul clearly said something to her. 

I watched that entire game, and the Clippers complained literally after every play, despite not getting the score closer than 5 for the entire game. They have the most technicals in the league and it's easy to see why. It's clear that last night the officials weren't going to take any shit from either side, and the Clippers made zero adjustments in how they reacted. They were giant babies for 3+ quarters. 

Also, Austin Rivers might be the worst NBA basketball player I've ever seen. He is just awful. Announcers try and say stuff like "it's unclear if he's a one or a two" but what they really mean is he has none of the skills that an NBA guard needs in order to garner playing time. 

Ah, my mistake. I shouldn't allow myself to post anything within 30 minutes of waking up.

I'm not surprised though, because as you mentioned the Clippers were complaining incessantly and they have a well earned reputation for moaning.

Things are starting to really come together for Cleveland. Not shocked their first half has been a shit show until recently.

Also, LaMarcus Aldridge is putting put better numbers after his injury than before.

Kevin Durant: Whoever want my spot can play me one-on-one for it.

And with this, I finally forgive you for March Madness last year.

Never.

• Like 1

Boogie's trade value will never be higher than it is at this moment. He's not on contract #2 yet, he's dominant despite not fully engaged and he hasn't made any full-on public demands to be traded recently, so it's still a seller's market.

I'm not saying they will, but I'm just saying I wouldn't be stunned.

I'm not sure Sacramento's team is smart enough to take advantage of it though. If they do trade him, it might make things worse. I wouldn't put it past them to trade him for Carmelo or something equally insane. . . 

BROW DOWN!

As awesome as AD is... Brooks has got to go. OKC ran literally no plays beyond "Russ or KD runs a curl and someone kinda sets a pick for them." And even that was pretty much only done once or twice. Those two are so good and are completely wasted.

BROW DOWN!

As awesome as AD is... Brooks has got to go. OKC ran literally no plays beyond "Russ or KD runs a curl and someone kinda sets a pick for them." And even that was pretty much only done once or twice. Those two are so good and are completely wasted.

I keep imagining this team with George Karl at the helm.  Damn that would be lethal.

BROW DOWN!

We've talked about Brooks' limitations previously, but he wasn't exactly out coached by Monty Williams at the end there. Monty's plan was seemingly 'do everything in the worst way possible, guys. AD will take care of it'. I don't think either of them are coming for Randy Wittmsn's crown quite yet, but it's getting closer.

The 3rd quarter in particular was great entertainment. Splash Bros hit their stride but Atlanta has that quiet way of staying a leg up on teams. I certainly would not complain at 7 games of that.