DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 9-22-14

MGFanJay

Did anyone notice during the opening brawl that Ambrose easily caught up to Rollins, them promptly thought "shit TOO SOON" and ran over to fight with Orton for a minute?

I liked that in the first brawl, when Rollins got backstage, he appeared to be trying to lift up a rug to see if he could hide underneath it, like he was running away from Tom on Tom and Jerry.

• Like 1

The great thing about Rollins' character right now is that he's so fucking dumb.  But he thinks he's the architect, this super smart guy.  And it seems like he thinks that just because the announcers started calling him that.

Like, in a shoot way...the fake announcers had to create this fake image for him so he had a role in the Shield.  But it was fake.  We all saw that.  It sort of came out of nowhere,  It was marketing bullshit.  And now, in this strange way.  That fakeness is real.  Because Rollins "the character" is the only one who bought the fake marketing idea of "the Architect."

And so he struts around making these plans, like Kevin Kline in A FISH CALLED WANDA and Hunter sort of rolls his eyes and we everyone else can see he's a fucking idiot.  Everyone but him.  And so when he sets up some cunning plan, and five minutes later, he's running from someone trying to hide in a locker or a dumpster because it went so wrong....it makes sense.

• Like 12

WWE has a locked room mystery on its hands and its going to piss it away. Seriously, how did Ambrose get out? WWE could go into so many interesting directions with it. HHH should investigate.

He used the other door, just like Kane did that one time Carlito and Chris Masters tried to barricade him in a room. In fact, it was probably the same room.

I skipped a lot of the show tonight. The opening with Ambrose was outstanding. The people are feeling it. Sweet Ambrosia is running wild over them. Cena being Cena and then Dean being all "this is my fight...i'll fight you too if you don't leave" was so awesome. Rollins is such a great chickenshit heel and the whole fight and him carjacking someone to get away from Ambrose was awesome.

What was not awesome was them doing another Ambrose/Kane and Orton/Cena match. I like Corporate Kane and all, but God his matches now are so paint by numbers (I mean they always were but now more so).

Damien Mizdow is amazing. I couldn't stop laughing when he had his stunt double title belt. It's a shame he wasn't cast in Marine 4 because hes a thousand times more entertaining than The Miz ever could be.

When Rollins and Kane jumped in at the end, the first thing I noticed was the EAT SLEEP BURY REPEAT sign and then the camera panned over to the HHH troll face poster.  Excellent audience participation.

Another PPV of Ambrose/Rollins would be cool and all, but how bout we just run Cena/Rollins and Brock/Ambrose for a few months.  It's right there. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have a link to the Dean Ambrose interview where he said he spent time in a Mexican jail? I can't find it.

I was also sincerely hoping we'd get footage of Dean Ambrose crawling through the air ducts like John McClaine.

If John Cena keeps going after Rollins, Dean Ambrose is gonna have to do the Lunactic Thesz Press to him one of these days. And that honestly has the chance to be the biggest pop of the year.

There are people out there who're still stuck in the fox hole they dug way back in 2006. They'll be spending their night on the internet complaining about John Cena latching onto another hot act in a desperate attempt to usurp their heat. They are not dead. They are not satisfied. 

But I'm going to bed. Because I am satisfied.

I was also sincerely hoping we'd get footage of Dean Ambrose crawling through the air ducts like John McClaine.

No such footage exists because Dean didn't pull a John McClaine. He pulled an Andy Dufresne. He'll see Seth in hell before he sees him in Reno! 

Okay. Now I'm going to bed!

Nikki Bella honestly had me laughing for about 5 minutes tonight. What the fuck was THAT?

The idea was that Nikki was damaging AJ's stomach by having it pinned against the ropes and using an ass-to-ass attack to add some force. How that would actually harm a person, I have no idea.

Miz-Dow are trying way too hard to keep earning these.  It has to be organic, man.  So tonight, grudgingly, he gets one but in the smallest type yet.

TINY MIZ/SANDOW FASHION WATCH

This Week:

Joe Estevez and Robert Z'Dar in SOULTAKER

Alternate Gag:

John Heard and that guy who got punched by Andrew McCarthy in HEAVEN HELP US!

Nikki Bella honestly had me laughing for about 5 minutes tonight. What the fuck was THAT?

The idea was that Nikki was damaging AJ's stomach by having it pinned against the ropes and using an ass-to-ass attack to add some force. How that would actually harm a person, I have no idea.

So John Cena's finisher is designed to attack a dude's cheeks and Nikki Bella is using her ass to give her opponents rope burn on their stomachs.... What the fuck is going on in that house?

• Like 1

Did anyone notice during the opening brawl that Ambrose easily caught up to Rollins, them promptly thought "shit TOO SOON" and ran over to fight with Orton for a minute?

Still not as bad as the "half of Nexus runs past a plodding Mark Henry" bit.

I thought there was going to be something involving the NXT guys , guess not

Yeah no, it was pretty well made clear that the "new generation" was WWE 2K15 for the new consoles.