DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 8

Dolfan in NYC

Strange to see Jason Kidd pretty much give up on the game after the third quarter, when the Nets were only down by 13.  I suppose his team was gassed, with only one day of rest between matchups.

The Spurs are sending the Blazers to bed without supper.

I've been pulling for the Clippers since Blake G took my fantasy team to the finals, but holy shit it's going to be so tough to get out of the West.

I honestly think CP3 and Blake have a better chance of beating Miami than anyone else, but it's hard to imagine anyone beating the Spurs 4 times at this rate.  On the other hand, I'd bet on tonight being the last OKC home game.  

• Like 2

Pacers let everyone know Andrew Bynum no longer on the team...Hmmm!!!!!

Trying to change their luck. Its not often you hear a guy who isn't playing getting released by the team during the playoffs.

The injuries, bad attitude, bad vibe Bynum brings, will probably have another team thinking they can fix him.......again.

Trying to change their luck. Its not often you hear a guy who isn't playing getting released by the team during the playoffs.

The injuries, bad attitude, bad vibe Bynum brings, will probably have another team thinking they can fix him.......again.

Blaming Bynum for the Pacers problems is kind of like blaming your cold on cold weather.  Just because it was cold when you got sick doesn't mean you got sick because of the cold.  We really don't know what happened to the Pacers, and while Bynum has been known to be an asshole he hasn't really burned any teams down either.  If the mere presence of Andrew Bynum made a title contender into a joke, I'm pretty sure that team was never a title contender. 

• Like 2

Blaming Bynum for the Pacers problems is kind of like blaming your cold on cold weather.  Just because it was cold when you got sick doesn't mean you got sick because of the cold.  We really don't know what happened to the Pacers, and while Bynum has been known to be an asshole he hasn't really burned any teams down either.  If the mere presence of Andrew Bynum made a title contender into a joke, I'm pretty sure that team was never a title contender. 

I usually blame my cold on this board....

• Like 1

Smart NBA analysts have pointed to the insane amount of minutes the Pacers starting five got, combined with their weak bench. Their offense was always on the weak side, too. I think Hibbert's just physically shot from fatigue.

Sold my game 4 ticket and pretty much paid for both games that will be played and then some. So in effect I get a free game, YAY!

Jesus, Washington is so not ready for prime time. Indy got the best game out of Hibbert in 5 months and only won because the Zards completely lost their heads in the last 2 minutes. If Indiana wins this series this game is going to haunt Washington all off-season.

I don't think I've seen a big man fall on the floor more times than Roy Hibbert did in game 2.  I guess he was trying to get some calls.  He was definitely getting his Dwyane Wade on. 

The Wizards could have won the game despite Hibbert's performance though.  Also, John Wall should think about not taking anymore 3 pointers for the rest of this postseason.  His three point shots look atrocious.

Edited by _MJ_

I don't think I've seen a big man fall on the floor more times than Roy Hibbert did in game 2.  I guess he was trying to get some calls.  He was definitely getting his Dwyane Wade on. 

The Wizards could have won the game despite Hibbert's performance though.  Also, John Wall should think about not taking anymore 3 pointers for the rest of this postseason.  His three point shots look atrocious.

Wall could use this

Jesus, Washington is so not ready for prime time. Indy got the best game out of Hibbert in 5 months and only won because the Zards completely lost their heads in the last 2 minutes. If Indiana wins this series this game is going to haunt Washington all off-season.

We do all realize that the Wizards kind of suck right?  I know that they are probably going to the Eastern Conference Finals, but that doesn't really mean that they are good.  They have a nice little team that has a good, young foundation, but they are where they are because they are a team with multiple scoring options playing teams that have a problem scoring points.  If Chicago still had Deng, they would have beat Washington.  Don't fall for this obvious fool's gold.  Ernie Grunfeld and Randy Whitman are going to get paid a lot of money for this when in reality their success is more about the ineptitude of others than their actual accomplishments.

Heat are toying with the Nets like a cat who plays with the mouse before eating it. This should be a blowout shortly.