DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 8

Dolfan in NYC

I think it would be awesome if the Zards just blew out the Pacers and came into their own as a legit team.  That would be cool.

My Clippers pick is more hoping they win.  I don't see this OKC team being much of a threat to Miami or even the Spurs in a series.  The Clippers can pose some interesting problems when they're all going.  I'd also like to see Scott Brooks get fired and the Thunder be forced to make some improvements so they need to lose.

I am more than amused that the first time in forever - the Wizards have a scheduling conflict.

As the NBA scheduled Game 6 the same day as a Lady Gaga concert at the Verizon Center

This is of course an enormous story around here because... fuck... they haven't had any thing else to talk about.

MAKE HER MOVE!!!! BULLETS FEVER!!!! NO ONE CARES ABOUT LADY GAGA!!!! ZARDS ARE WINNING IT ALL!!!!

• Like 2

I'm of the opinion that Tony Parker is the most underrated player of the past two decades. He's so wonderfully and consistently brilliant in every facet of professional basketball.  Somehow, he's only made three All-NBA teams. That seems so ridiculously low. He's won three titles and has been the best player on a team a lot of years on the team that has been one of the two or three best teams every year for most of my adult life.

He's a historic player and doesn't get his due until he puts up what he did yesterday, and then everyone remembers what he does on the regular.

• Like 1

I made the mistake of listening to sports radio, and a few Blazers fans called in and talked about how they are custom built to destroy the Spurs. Apparently, Lillard is miles better than Parker and 'RoLo has made a career of shutting down guys like Tim Duncan'.

I don't think I have ever turned on a fan base faster than those two minutes of phone calls. Viva Los Spurs.

I am also fully prepared to eat my words, but everyone jumping on the Zards bandwagon is being a little premature. It's not as though they are a super team that didn't live up to potential for whatever reason. They were a .500 team that was inconsistent at best that beat a team that greatly over achieved. Even as the Pacers collapsed in the second half, they basically had the same record as the Wizards. I think it goes long but Indiana wins out.

I think the Heat win in 6 after being down 2-1 kind of like Indiana two years ago.

I have zero interest in the Thunder/Clippers series. My only prediction is the Thunder will lose a game and Westbrook will get blamed despite outplaying everyone.

Gregg, Parker is a great pick for most underrated player if the past twenty years, but if that is the time frame we are using I think Pippen is probably still the man to beat for the title. I also hate to be 'that guy' but we could probably make a case that Lebron is up there as well; we have seen nothing like him ever and all people have done is come up with nonsense reasons he isn't as good as Jordan.

Tony Parker's a little bit like Tom Brady if Brady played in a smaller market.  At the start, the "system" and "coaching" probably made him look better than his talent but they both evolved into great players that took on more and more of the burden for their team.  Obviously Parker's not at Brady's level but they've had similar career paths.

Hope the Nets-Heat series goes 6 so I can sell that game 6 and pay for my next season's season tickets in one shot. But if Nets are up 3-2 I'm going, as if they win the world will probably implode after the game and paying for my season tickets for next year will become moot.

Man. It's too bad that in order for the Wizards to be good the Pacers and the Bulls have to suck. Even when teams improve the East still falls behind.

Zero points!

Zero rebounds!

1 assist, and 2 blocks!

With 5 fouls using 18 minutes of the clock!

That's Roy Hibbert!

*soft shoes a two-step*

The Pacers won't be able to give him away. . . 

If the Pacers think they can play Washington like the way they played the Hawks, the Wiz Kids will bounce them.  The Wizard's guards are good enough to exploit the Pacers' weakness at that position (similar to Teague), but they also have legit bigs too.

They might have to just benched Hibbert at this rate.

Edited by _MJ_

Shocked at this score. I left for the store right as The Clippers were taking a timeout down 16-10. Get back and it is 60-39. 6-6 from behind the 3 point line for Paul. Really impressive.