DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I know I'm late to the party with this, but what about Col. Parker? He never had the World Champion, but his guys were always "in the mix" and rare was it that he didn't have a TV, US, or Tag Team Champ. He'd manage you to a championship bonus, just not the big one. Plus, he had Meng...

Aw man, I absolutely love Grado. He's way more endearing than Cabana, a cheery chubby camp underdog living the dream and occasionally winning matches. Despite the cussing, he comes across as a total innocent and, especially live, it's hard not to end up rooting for him.

I read that Grado and Drew McIntyre grew up a couple of towns from each other.

Drew's accent I can totally understand, Grado not so much.

Although the video of Cabana arriving at the Edinburgh festival last year was funny.

It's weird that they're running a mini Dolph vs Batista feud on smackdown. I know it has its own lead writer. 

Not sure I would call Batista being the crap out of him in 3 matches a "feud".  Hopefully he at least gets some offense in this weeks match.

I know I'm late to the party with this, but what about Col. Parker? He never had the World Champion, but his guys were always "in the mix" and rare was it that he didn't have a TV, US, or Tag Team Champ. He'd manage you to a championship bonus, just not the big one. Plus, he had Meng...

You also seemed to have fun with him. But having seen him as Rob Fuller, I would not trust him. 

Here's the thing with Col. Parker: his goal at one point was to take out The Natural Dustin Rhodes and Dusty Rhodes by proxy. He didn't need titles per say, although he did manage Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater to tag team gold. Terry Funk, knowing what Col. Parker's goal was more than happy to join and finish off Dusty. And Meng.

Yeah, but that's like saying someone's punches look better than Sid's.

Sid and Michael Tarver are neck and neck for worst punches in my opinion. I give the nod to Tarver b/c he had sort of a boxing themed gimmick but he threw the worst worked punches I've seen in a long time.

• Like 1

Would you want a manager who famously crapped his pants live on ppv?

Someone so committed to me he'd rather soil himself than leave my side? Where do I sign?

In terms of loyalty, are JJ Dillon and Col. Parker the top two? I mean, those guys went into f'n WARGAMES against guys like The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, the Nasty Boys, Dusty Rhodes for their charges. That's sticking with your guys.

• Like 1

Someone so committed to me he'd rather soil himself than leave my side? Where do I sign?

In terms of loyalty, are JJ Dillon and Col. Parker the top two? I mean, those guys went into f'n WARGAMES against guys like The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, the Nasty Boys, Dusty Rhodes for their charges. That's sticking with your guys.

Parker was forced to though. He wanted Meng in that spot, not himself.

Parker was forced to though. He wanted Meng in that spot, not himself.

That doesn't invalidate my argument. Who wouldn't want Meng on their team in WarGames? That's a shrewd managerial move.

• Like 1

Paul Bearer led Taker to a championship and started him on his WM streak, gave Mankind a leg up and shot him towards the title and took Kane to a WWF Championship as well 

He wasn't very loyal though.

Devitt is WWE bound obviously and ICW is like a Glasgow, Scotland version of ECW - which is expanding into England soon.

Obviously? Obviously you haven't heard about GFW. Toby Keith always gets his man.

Toby Keith is a mountie?