DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Hey guys, I was doing some research into former TNA wrestlers the other day and, prepare to have your mind blown, but did you know relliK is 'Killer' spelt backwards?

Did you know Willow spelled backwards is Jeff Hardy

HOLY FUCKING FUCK! The truth is out there...

Hey guys, I was doing some research into former TNA wrestlers the other day and, prepare to have your mind blown, but did you know relliK is 'Killer' spelt backwards?

No way! You would think Tenay and West would've mentioned that.

• Like 1

Indy rasslin in the St. Louis area for May:

Friday 5/2:  St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL (Chris Hero vs. Davey Vega, Alex Shelley vs. A.C.H.)

Saturday 5/3:  MMWA in St. Louis, MO (afternoon outdoor show); Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO

Saturday 5/10:  Dynamo in Glen Carbon, IL; MMWA in St. Louis, MO (South Broadway Athletic Club)

Saturday 5/17:  SICW in East Carondelet, IL (Bobby Heenan scheduled to appear, but this may be off due to his most recent health issues)

Saturday 5/31:  Pro Wrestling Championship Series in Granite City, IL

So here is something completely random: Why did Del Rios (Spellbinder, Phantasio, etc.) never get a longer run in a big promotion? He certainly had the look. He wasn't the greatest worker in the ring, but he wasn't horrible either. The Phantasio gimmick seemed perfect for 1995 WWE and if nothing else he could have been used as fodder for a mini-feud with Undertaker. His work in Memphis was always good (not top level stuff, but above average). Thoughts?

My two big wrestling wishes for 2014 as of right now:

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Going to have to go some to top their great bout at the Royal Rumble this year.

Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

• Like 1

Imagine at SummerSlam the possibilities:

Bray vs. Bryan, World Championship

Cesaro vs. Lesnar, Battle of Paul Heyman Guys

Rowan/Harper vs. Ambrose/Rollins, World Tag Team Titles

Reigns vs. HHH

Cody vs. Dustin

Paige vs. AJ

Orton vs. Batista vs. Cena

BAM I JUST BOOKED YOUR SUMMER!

• Like 1

Imagine at SummerSlam the possibilities:

Bray vs. Bryan, World Championship

Cesaro vs. Lesnar, Battle of Paul Heyman Guys

Rowan/Harper vs. Ambrose/Rollins, World Tag Team Titles

Reigns vs. HHH

Cody vs. Dustin

Paige vs. AJ

Orton vs. Batista vs. Cena

BAM I JUST BOOKED YOUR SUMMER!

Homer-Simpson-Drooling-while-Sleeping.gi

• Like 2

I don't want to tell you what Lana is spelled backwards.

There's not enough likes in the world for this. :lol:

I had a friend in college that I used to try to convince that "Lana Lang" (of "Superman" comic fame) was "anal gland" spelled backward ... but the "d" was silent. And invisible.

I like Brock Lesnar; in fact, I enjoy him immensely every time he pops up in something I'm watching on the Network. Oddly, though, I have virtually no interest in seeing him wrestle right now. I should be excited for Brock/Bryan, but I just can't get up for it.

Re: The Wyatts, I get the sense that Harper and Rowan are going to take the tag titles off the Usos next. I actually was hoping for more three-man stables that could do more trios matches with the Wyatts and The Shield. For example, I think Bo Dallas would be better of in a stable with two deluded Bo-lievers that think he'll take them to the top, plus it would get us a few likely sweet six-man tags against The Shield.