DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

Is this whole promotion about Jeff Jarrett walking through the woods looking sad? I'd watch that.

Maybe he will run into Kamala, or at least Apocalypse Mike Boyette.

What would Kamala be doing in the woods with no legs?

A musical number apparently.

Have you heard a Kamala song? That would be awesome.

When they talk about doing something more than just wrestling, I flash back to Vince Russo booking - three matches and 13 min of in-ring action in a two hour show.

The Raw where Vince bought WCW had 7 matches with a total of 14:25 of ring time.  Two of them were tag matches. 

He cut an album a couple of years back. There's a few tracks on You Tube. It's kinda sad, so I didn't link it-- I don't want to bring anyone down.

Well they said it was gonna be more than just matches. Maybe it will be the deep spiritual journey of Double J. Or maybe all the wrestlers, we'll spend time finding out more about the background of each wrestler, maybe each week will be about a different one. It's gonna be Lost meets wrestling and in the end will be just as disappointing.

I would probably watch that. Briefly.

He cut an album a couple of years back. There's a few tracks on You Tube. It's kinda sad, so I didn't link it-- I don't want to bring anyone down.

Sad?  No way.  Kamala jams are what's hot and poppin' in the streets.  PUSH IT, PULL IT, RAM IT, JAM IT, woah oh oh woah oh oh.

They should set up a section in the venue for Kamala's Casio keyboard where after a match instead of showing replays, the commentators throw to Kamala and Koko Ware who sing about the match finish.  They can bring in a different country star to sit in with them every week.

• Like 1

I didn't even check the video, because the preview image ... I mean, shit, son; that traffic is going SO FAST all you can see are the trails of their headlights, man! I mean, that's how FAST things happen sometimes, word?!??!

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/presser-hermie-sadler-officially-joins-gfw

Global Force Wrestling sent out the following…

NASCAR PERSONALITY JOINS GFW BOARD OF DIRECTORS

(April 21) NASHVILLE -- Global Force Wrestling is pleased to welcome former NASCAR driver and current Fox Sports NASCAR analyst Hermie Sadler to its Board of Directors.

Sadler, who turns 45 later this week, is a lifelong wrestling fan who also has promoted live wrestling events. A 1991 graduate of the University of North Carolina, he was the 1993 Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year. Sadler has a diverse portfolio away from the race track, including restaurants, finance companies and franchises.

"I've been excited from the moment I heard the vision of GFW, and I know fans are, too," Sadler said. "Not only am I looking forward to serving on the board but to helping foster a relationship between the fan bases of GFW and NASCAR and watching them interact."

Jeff Jarrett, the CEO of GFW and a 12-time world champion, and his wife, Karen, have continued their travels around the world laying the groundwork for Global Force Wrestling.

"Hermie and I have been friends for more than 20 years," Jarrett said. "Yes, he has been a great driver for years, but I have always admired him for his business acumen. He also fits with GFW because he understands the importance of fan interaction as clearly all of NASCAR does.

"Hermie is a dedicated family man, and Karen and I and everyone at GFW could not be happier to have him on the board."

Jeff and Karen will continue their search for the best new talent in professional wrestling in the coming weeks as their travels will take them to Canada, Pennsylvania, New York and Kentucky. You can follow them on GFW's web series "The Journey" at www.globalforcewrestling.com and on Twitter at @GFWWrestling.

So I realise being optimistic about this promotion is an incredible mistake, and there's probably more fun in being snarky about it all, but lets just be naive and set ourselves up for a fall, just for a minute. Wouldn't it be kind of nice if there was a one hour a week TV show that basically riffed off old southern style wrestling? I mean it's got a NASCAR driver and a country singer associated with it, go the whole hog with the south lives again madness.

Is there a market for an old school southern promotion? No, probably not. But hey, it's not my money being thrown on the bonfire, and may as well try to differentiate it from TNA.

The problem is, I don't trust Jeff Jarrett to book the promotion that way.  When he was running TNA, it was much more "attitude era/Russo WCW taken to it's logical extreme."

I was with you until you tried to shoehorn the word "logical" in the same sentence with "TNA" and "Russo".  One of those things is not like the others.

Instead of endless 90's rehashes (ECW, Attitude Era, WCW business plan), why does no one rip off the 80's?  I could live with a 1986 Jim Crockett or 1982 Memphis tribute promotion.

• Like 5