DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact: Genesis Pt 2 Spoilers for 1/23

TNA Impact Wrestling: Genesis Part 2 airing January 23, 2014 from Huntsville, AL

*Kurt Angle def. Bobby Roode in a steel cage match. Angle did a moonsault off the top of the cage.

*Austin Aries def. Chris Sabin to win the X Division Title

*Gunner def. James Storm to retain his briefcase for the world title shot.

*The BroMans and Zema Ion promo in the ring. Eric Young interrupts and ends up getting beaten down until Abyss makes the save.

*Samoa Joe def. Rockstar Spud

*Magnus def. Sting to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship and retire Sting after lots of interference. Joe and Angle tried to help Sting during the match. After the match, Magnus ripped up Sting's contract.

Why in the hell would you use a briefcase as a prop for a title shot with the WWE doing the Money in the Bank gimmick? Couldn't they have thought of some other way to accomplish the same thing without coming off as even more of a low-rent WWE?

Wait, it's TNA I'm talking about here, never mind.

Angle did a moonsault off the top of the cage.

Offfffffff course he did.

YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE HIM BECAUSE YOU WON'T TALK ABOUT HOW UNSAFE THE ROAD WARRIORS ARE!!!!

• Like 8

BTW - for the record - it appears that the explanation for the Wolves not working is because they signed "invalid contracts."

Dixie Carter ‏@TNADixie 26m

. @BryanIsWWE offered #TheWolves a tryout match. They signed some contract w/this "investor". Not smart. I pulled offer until lawyers handle
 Retweeted by IMPACT WRESTLING

So yeah - let's retweet the Tweet of the guy with our competitors name in it

• Like 1

Why in the hell would you use a briefcase as a prop for a title shot with the WWE doing the Money in the Bank gimmick? Couldn't they have thought of some other way to accomplish the same thing without coming off as even more of a low-rent WWE?

Wait, it's TNA I'm talking about here, never mind.

To be fair, I think the genesis etiology onset genesis (fuck it) or Feast or Fired (which has always involved briefcases) predates Money in the Bank.  I could be wrong ... at work, can't really look it up.

Also ... goddamn, do I want to see Angle/Richards.  GodDAMN, I say.

BTW - for the record - it appears that the explanation for the Wolves not working is because they signed "invalid contracts."

. @BryanIsWWE offered #TheWolves a tryout match. They signed some contract w/this "investor". Not smart. I pulled offer until lawyers handle

Dixiecarter_salinas.jpg

"Hey look at how incompetent I am!"

Dixiecarter_salinas.jpg

"Hey look at how incompetent I am!"

You just keep holding on as tight as you can, darling ...

You gotta love TNA, hire two new guys cause they're supposedly great wrestlers.  So instead of letting them do what they do best, you stick them in some lame "investor" angle and don't let them wrestle.  Worst yet, make them act instead of wrestle.

• Like 2

Screw it, I had to see the spoilers for this nonsense. I am now just waiting out the days until Dixie somehow wins the TNA title and the company just folds up like that haunted house from the first Treehouse of Horror. "It destroyed itself rather than live with us..."

Angle doing a moonsault off the cage... Kurt, please save yourself and get retired next by Magnus. Please.

Goddamn is that a stupid spot for Angle to be doing at his age, and after A STINT IN REHAB BECAUSE HIS BODY IS FUCKED. As a sidenote, TNA's budget cuts are crazy - but amusing. I got a bunch of DVDs for $5 and the first shipment had a few bags of gum with it - the second came with 8 bags of gum that will easily last a year and everything came in a giant Orbit box. I was amazed I even got a printout of what was in the order.