DVDVR Message Board

2014 MOVIE OMNIBUS THREAD

RIPPA

You're dead to me, piranesi.

Brian Fowler loving Across The Universe is the most Brian Fowler thing ever.

They made that movie with you in mind.

This is pretty much true.

I'm more sad about that fact that in an industry already full of weird-looking botox'd-to-death celebrities, Travolta still manages to look like the freakiest one of all. He may very well be a wax work at this point, I can't tell.

Man, Helen Mirren needs to sit him down and tell him about the perks of aging gracefully.

I'm more sad about that fact that in an industry already full of weird-looking botox'd-to-death celebrities, Travolta still manages to look like the freakiest one of all. He may very well be a wax work at this point, I can't tell.

Man, Helen Mirren needs to sit him down and tell him about the perks of aging gracefully.

I was thinking about this while watching the Oscars, especially when Goldie Hawn came onstage. How can they not realize how horrible they look? Jesus, people, stop injecting shit into your fucking faces!

I wish people would lay off John Travolta. The man was in Grease and Pulp Fiction. That means he gets a pass for everything up to, and including, murder.

Fuck Grease.

The ending of Grease had an enlightening message for young women everywhere. In order to get the man you want, you have to dress like a slut.

Fuck that movie.

• Like 1

The problem is everyone isn't Helen Mirren. Instead of looking like a wax figure, some of them would look like they've been hit in the face with a bag of rocks between takes.

The problem is everyone isn't Helen Mirren. Instead of looking like a wax figure, some of them would look like they've been hit in the face with a bag of rocks between takes.

Truth. Sly looks like shit, Bruce looks badass still. Luck and genetics.

Fuck Grease.

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT.

Pretty much this. Fuck everything about that movie and every wedding reception that plays Grease Lightning at some point.

Fuck Grease.

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT.

Pretty much this. Fuck everything about that movie and every wedding reception that plays Grease Lightning at some point.

Fuck Grease Lightning.  Its all about the Hand Jive.  

I was thinking about this while watching the Oscars, especially when Goldie Hawn came onstage. How can they not realize how horrible they look? Jesus, people, stop injecting shit into your fucking faces!

I know there's a shit load of pressure on these people to look their absolute best, but come on, if it's a choice between looking like a grotesque alien or looking like an older person, I'm going with the latter every time.

Anyway, it's not so much "don't have surgery." I'd bet even Mirren and Judi Dench have had minor stuff done (it is Hollywood, after all). It's just "don't go completely overboard with it."

if it's a choice between looking like a grotesque alien or looking like an older person, I'm going with the latter every time.

So you can either look like Lark Voorhies or Jasmine Guy? Take your pick, ladies. Welcome to Cougarville.

if it's a choice between looking like a grotesque alien or looking like an older person, I'm going with the latter every time.

So you can either look like Lark Voorhies or Jasmine Guy? Take your pick, ladies. Welcome to Cougarville.

What a lot of them actually end up looking like is someone walked through the wet cement.

Either way, as the great Dave Chappelle once said, you still will probably end up with a face of a ghoulish-like creature as all the people mentioned above if you've been living a hard life.

I wish people would lay off John Travolta. The man was in Grease and Pulp Fiction. That means he gets a pass for everything up to, and including, murder.

Fuck Grease.

The ending of Grease had an enlightening message for young women everywhere. In order to get the man you want, you have to dress like a slut.

Fuck that movie.

SIG'D

I know there's a shit load of pressure on these people to look their absolute best, but come on

Is there even pressure on older actresses? Kim Novak looked bizarre at the Oscars. She hasn't appeared in anything since 1991, so why exactly is pressuring her? She's not the only one, of course. There are so many 70+ year old Hollywood actresses (and some actors) who seem to be addicted to it.

It's a shame too because I'd imagine that without the plastic surgery, Goldie Hawn would still look like a pretty sexy 69 year old (holy fuck, she's 69 years old!)

Fuck Grease.

Fuck that movie.

SIG'D

J.T stands for Just Trippin' so you should probably magnify the awesomeness of your sign by putting that in there.

• Like 1

I know there's a shit load of pressure on these people to look their absolute best, but come on

Is there even pressure on older actresses? Kim Novak looked bizarre at the Oscars. She hasn't appeared in anything since 1991, so why exactly is pressuring her? She's not the only one, of course. There are so many 70+ year old Hollywood actresses (and some actors) who seem to be addicted to it.

It's a shame too because I'd imagine that without the plastic surgery, Goldie Hawn would still look like a pretty sexy 69 year old (holy fuck, she's 69 years old!)

Seeing Kim Novak made me realize that if Marilyn Monroe was still around today, her obvious self-esteem and confidence issues would probably have led her to looking like something out of haunted theme park attraction by now.

But, yeah, you're right: it is a bit more disturbing since a few of these people don't even have any tangible reasons for doing it.

My daughter made the cut for the International Baccalaureate program in VA and has decided that in celebration of her hard work, she wants me to take her to go and see Mr. Peabody & Sherman on Sunday.

I was dreading it but lo and behold as of today it is 76% Fresh at RT.  Hopefully it will not suck.