DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah I beat the first level the other day and didn't hate it.  As long as they leave my ass alone and don't constantly interrupt me it should be completely passable.  Love the custom difficulty options.  Hate that you can't manually blackjack someone.  Even if I hate this game, Dark Mod still exists.

I recently discovered Fallout 3. It's quickly shot up my list of favorite games ever.

Welcome to the club. It's a shame the old threads were lost when the board collapsed because there was a huge thread revolving around someone (I wanna say it was Rippa) playing through Fallout 3. 

My son saved up his money to buy Disney Infinity, and I've become his "assistant" for getting past jumping puzzles and helping him get collectibles.

Unfortunately, he got the version for 360, so it's eating into my "get Salvadore to UVHM" time, but it's an interesting combination of Skylanders and GTA For Kidz.  His favorite set so far is the Incredibles set, but it's easy to see why: it is a wide-open sandbox.  He's already making plans on which characters/sets to save up for next.

My son saved up his money to buy Disney Infinity, and I've become his "assistant" for getting past jumping puzzles and helping him get collectibles.

Unfortunately, he got the version for 360, so it's eating into my "get Salvadore to UVHM" time, but it's an interesting combination of Skylanders and GTA For Kidz. His favorite set so far is the Incredibles set, but it's easy to see why: it is a wide-open sandbox. He's already making plans on which characters/sets to save up for next.

If you aren't already keep an eye on big store ads (wal-mart, target, TRU) they run deals on infinity ALL the time

Unfortunately, he got the version for 360, so it's eating into my "get Salvadore to UVHM" time, but it's an interesting combination of Skylanders and GTA For Kidz.  His favorite set so far is the Incredibles set, but it's easy to see why: it is a wide-open sandbox.  He's already making plans on which characters/sets to save up for next.

You pretty much just sold me on Disney Infinity. I'm a sucker for those 'collectible toyz' games that are the rage.

If Nintendo would do something similar with Mario, et al. on the Wii U, they might do OK this gen.

I finally started playing Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and it's awesome!

Between this, Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros. U the Wii U purchase has already been worth it.

And Mario Kart and Smash Bros. are still coming this year. I don't regret anything.

I agree with you regarding the WiiU. It's really unfortunate that it's not doing better. Besides the games you mentioned the NES Remix has easily been the best $10 I've ever spent.

More people just need to play it to discover what a great system it is.

• Like 1

i've got 4 friends with a Wii-U, plus myself. one has a 5 y/o son, three have no kids (including me), and one has three kids of varying ages. all of us love it for varying reasons. There's just so much to love.

and i second the love for NES Remix. can't wait for part 2 to drop in April.

I recently discovered Fallout 3. It's quickly shot up my list of favorite games ever.

Welcome to the club. It's a shame the old threads were lost when the board collapsed because there was a huge thread revolving around someone (I wanna say it was Rippa) playing through Fallout 3. 

Those effing rednecks and tribals in Port Lookout were annoying as piss. I'm wearing this jacked up power armor and they were killing me by hitting me with a shovel twice.

If Nintendo would do something similar with Mario, et al. on the Wii U, they might do OK this gen.

I'm fairly sure they won't do this for the same reason they don't do microtransactions / required DLC / post-release patches / multiplayer fees etc - they prefer that when the customer forks over for a game they get the full game. Skylanders was basically Activision doing Pokemon without Nintendo's monetisation restraint.

Those effing rednecks and tribals in Port Lookout were annoying as piss. I'm wearing this jacked up power armor and they were killing me by hitting me with a shovel twice.

yeah they're bitches. Wait til you meet the aliens on Mothership Zeta

The new Path of Exile league/season thing is so good. I'm screwed. Random side areas, and boxes that spawn lots of monsters but also drop lots of loot is so much more fun than shrines for sure. Just been tearing around with a new bow-wielding Ranger (which is a class I didn't get around to in the old season yet), and it's great.

Unsurprisingly, the PoE forums are full of scarcely believable amounts of whining and stupidity. Welcome to the world of not being able to ban morons that are paying your bills.

• Like 1

My friend has got on the beta of TES:online.

He hasn't slept all weekend and said buy it.

I will be on board when the non-disclosure drops and they confirm that Khajiit are a starter race.

I think I need to add people who don't like Fallout 3 to the list of people I have no need for.

People Supremebve has no use for...

• People who don't like Reese's Cups
  • People who don't like Outkast
  • People who don't appreciate shit
  • People who ask me random black questions
  • People who don't like Fallout 3

Done and done.

MarcosLoura

Edited by supremebve