DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

I struggle to listen to Jericho's podcast. The opening monologues that last for 20 minutes are insufferable. I really wish Jericho would have his mid-life crisis in private and not broadcast it on social media, podcasts, and television.

• Like 1

I struggle to listen to Jericho's podcast. The opening monologues that last for 20 minutes are insufferable. I really wish Jericho would have his mid-life crisis in private and not broadcast it on social media, podcasts, and television.

Check twitter for #podcastpsa. Someone usually posts when the interviews starts on the wrestling podcasts (jericho, austin, ross, cornette).

• Like 1

The only thing in the Sabu episode I didn't specifically know is how horribly Paul fucked him. What wad the point in that? I guess just the opportunity to sue wcw after but damn. Sabu probably would've wound up on the invasion crew if he could have landed that job.

• Like 1

Boy, Sabu wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't a talker.

There were a few moments when it felt like Jericho was really trying to pull shit out of him.

Sabu telling the story of his WWF tryout and that he only did it because it was a payday and turning down he WWF on a possible offer was hysterical. "I had a job, I didn't need one!" He's so carny.

Sabu always had had that sort of mentality though, I really think in his heart he could never give a shit about working WWE at any point. if Sabu had a long term plan in the early 90's rather than trying to get the biggest pay day on a single days basis with no thought for the long term, he could be a millionaire right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Dolph interview was really good. I love that Dolph's story about Vince matches up with everyone else's when it comes to hearing Vince's gimmick ideas.

"You're going to be male cheerleaders!"

Really enjoyed the Paige interview.  She seems like a genuinely nice girl and the stories were interesting.

Also like his son being on there.  He knows quite a lot about fish and it made a surprisingly informative and fun segment.  Plus, nice segments with him and his son are just nice in general.  Same for him and his dad.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the episode w Eli Roth and Lloyd Kaufmann, excellent stuff. If you are even slightly a fan of either or Troma in general, you're probably going to really enjoy it.

I'd be okay with Jericho converting his podcast into one focused on cult movies.  He seem pretty well versed in them and I've heard enough wrestler podcast interviews over the past few years, I'm kind of over them.

Just finished the episode w Eli Roth and Lloyd Kaufmann, excellent stuff. If you are even slightly a fan of either or Troma in general, you're probably going to really enjoy it.

I'd be okay with Jericho converting his podcast into one focused on cult movies.  He seem pretty well versed in them and I've heard enough wrestler podcast interviews over the past few years, I'm kind of over them.

Did you hear him on Nerdist podcast?  It was him and Hardwick trying to one-up themselves in obscure shows/movies and it was very fun.  I personally like the wrestling discussions, but he's so well-versed in many things that I enjoy his non-wrestling stuff a lot.