DVDVR Message Board

May 2024 Wrestling Talk

Feroz was alright in the ring. but never showed much as a character. Wonder where she goes. Kind of surprised about Bearhill since he hadn't really been given much of a chance on tv. Shocked Boa lasted this long.

1 hour ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Because Ronda Rousey is frequently a terrible person. That said, even terrible people can be subjected to creepy behavior, and Drew Gulak is a grade-A creep.

Is there other stuff out there about him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'd wait til the Sex Pest stuff has cleared out first, especially after comments made on mainstream sports TV.

Christ, first I forgot about Flair now I forgot about this. My brain is Swiss cheese

33 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Is there other stuff out there about him?

I didn't need more than "I went in for a handshake and accidentally grabbed someone's waistband". That's enough to set off creep alarms in my head.

Think of it this way. Think of a handshake. Think about how often handshakes are usually right around your elbow's height, if not higher. Then think about how Drew Gulak is a half foot taller than Ronda Rousey, but his hand - which he claims was for a handshake - was somehow low enough to hit her waistband.

Nope. Not buying it. That's not a wacky misunderstanding, that's an attempt at a grope and he got caught.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

For a second I was like, Damn, Drake pissed Rikishi off, too?!

I think Drake might prefer a Stink face to the Kendrick doubling down on the "You make music to pacify them" line 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

I didn't need more than "I went in for a handshake and accidentally grabbed someone's waistband". That's enough to set off creep alarms in my head.

Think of it this way. Think of a handshake. Think about how often handshakes are usually right around your elbow's height, if not higher. Then think about how Drew Gulak is a half foot taller than Ronda Rousey, but his hand - which he claims was for a handshake - was somehow low enough to hit her waistband.

Nope. Not buying it. That's not a wacky misunderstanding, that's an attempt at a grope and he got caught.

I could buy that from Stan Hansen maybe, if it was just clumsiness I doubt Rhonda would have called him out on it

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe Gulak can show up and rescue his former colony mate on the other channel. 

In the spirit hacksaw in the gorilla suit maybe he could dress as a giant panda

Amazon.com: JB Print Sexual Harassment Panda Vinyl Decal Sticker Car  Waterproof Car Decal Bumper Sticker 5" : Automotive

I wouldnt be surprised if Drew Gulak attempting to "justify" the incident was ultimately what led to them releasing him. 

Oh hey, speaking of folks with some questionable acts in their past, Dave posted around 1AM Pacific time that Gable Steveson got released by WWE. 

19 hours ago, AxB said:

Drew Gulak released by WWE, apparently.

Also these NXT people:

• Darrell Mason
  • Vlad Pavlenko
  • Ezekiel Balogun
  • Kiyah Saint
  • Emma Diaz
  • Valentina Feroz
  • Keyshawn Leflore
  • Trey Bearhill
  • Julian Baldi

This guy here is dead.

• Haha 2

Oh wow it’s almost as if hiring a) college athletes who b) can’t make it as pros or olympians in their given sport but c) are good looking and d) have a big social media presence but e) have no real love for pro wrestling doesn’t really work.

• Like 2

The real surprise if [wrestler A] debuts at [show B] wouldn’t be that [wrestler A] debuted but that he should get into [country C] with his record

Spoiler

Wrestler A - Jacob Fatu

Show B - Le Backlash France

Country C - France

Reason I can buy Gulak's Larry Davidesque explanation is the sheer amount of handshaking you have to do in wrestling as that dumb respect thing you have to shake everyone's hand every day. If you're shaking dozens of hands every day you're gonna mess one up, especially if you're in a hurry. Plus if you were the type of person to grope a woman, why choose someone who could rip your arm off with her bare hands and kill you with it if she wanted? I lean more towards it being an accident, hopefully won't stain his career if it was. If it turns out it wasn't yeah fuck him, but we'll have to see.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I think Drake might prefer a Stink face to the Kendrick doubling down on the "You make music to pacify them" line 

Maybe, but if Pusha T, The Story of Adidon, and the unfortunate blackface picture didn't shame Drake out of the game, not sure anything will.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Oh wow it’s almost as if hiring a) college athletes who b) can’t make it as pros or olympians in their given sport but c) are good looking and d) have a big social media presence but e) have no real love for pro wrestling doesn’t really work.

Wrestling is full of people who couldn't make it as pros or olympians. Love of the business doesn't always equal success or talent either. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Wrestling is full of people who couldn't make it as pros or olympians. Love of the business doesn't always equal success or talent either. 

Oh absolutely.  But when you put ALL the criteria I mentioned ahead of actual wrestling experience and knowledge, you’re going to be cutting more than you’re bringing up.  

30 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Oh absolutely.  But when you put ALL the criteria I mentioned ahead of actual wrestling experience and knowledge, you’re going to be cutting more than you’re bringing up.  

With wrestling, you can hire 100 people from anywhere and 99 of them probably aren't going to work out for whatever reason. With WWE's system, they hire 100 college athletes, cut 99 of them, and the one they have left over is Bianca Belair. That's going to be their case for their system working, and it's hard to argue that it doesn't.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I guess the question for the wwe is what does their success rate need to be to justify the strategy/expenditure? 

Was that arguably not their strategy when they were hiring random athletes and indy wrestlers? If the NIL contracts are cheaper than normal developmental contracts then WWE is probably saving money.