DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

Hope you had a good Easter weekend!  

It's April, so it's time for the premiere of Dynasty!  This Thursday though, it's DEAN~!   Order now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hope you had a good Easter weekend!  

It's April, so it's time for the premiere of Dynasty!  This Thursday though, it's DEAN~!   Order now!

That's up there for iconic AEW images.

Thursday I will be in the second row for DEAN~! Friday, depending on how I feel, I may end up at Supercard of Honor. Saturday, depending on the weather, I’ll likely go to the South Street block party hosted by Suplex Vintage wrestling store. Don’t think I’ll make any of the Collective shows.

• Like 3

Somehow it's so fitting that it's an iconic AEW moment and JR brings it down. 

Excalibur: "Eddie Kingston with a can of gasoline!!!!"

JR: "We assume it's a can of gasoline!"

It somehow wouldn't be AEW without JR shitting on something.  Or maybe he was just in denial from Kane-induced PTSD.

• Like 3

Oh yeah, JR's been gone a while - been a nice break 😂

No doubting dude had a legendary career but he doesn't add much and detracts even more, just retire or only do those sit down interviews. 

• Like 2

JR thinks he's helping plus he's encouraged to be grumpy by his podcast audience and is too old to give a shit anymore, it's a volatile combo for live TV. I remember when Statlander first arrived and he refused to entertain her sci-fi backstory for even a second. In the long run it was the right call but there were better ways to handle it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

So he's saying nothing that hasn't been said before from his side?  Just stirring the pot because....reasons?

He literally hasn’t said anything publicly about All In until now.

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

He’s never talked about it personally so I’m not seeing an issue here. 

I would argue more with the timing, being the biggest week of the year for the company that currently employs you. And you being yourself doesn’t help the company in this news cycle. 

One can be a boss and a nice guy.  If the only way you can be a good employee is to work under a domineering asshole, you have issues.  Good old Phil “I don’t believe in therapy” Brooks, everybody.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

One can be a boss and a nice guy.  If the only way you can be a good employee is to work under a domineering asshole, you have issues.  Good old Phil “I don’t believe in therapy” Brooks, everybody.

Yeah, but that's not what he's saying/implying.  He's saying that Tony's niceness has been exploited and that guys are out of control.  And when he asked him to correct a situation with an employee that's out of control, he didn't know what to do.  

TK may be fun to work for, but that doesn't mean you're gonna like who you're working with. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also...  a shoot from Punk with a guy who is nothing but a WWE paid shill...  count me out.  Couldn't care less about either of them and WrestleMania is 1000x better off without Punk on the card. 

It’s a really good interview, but whatever. Formulate your own narrative. Shill or not, there’s no bias on Ariel’s end.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

CM Punk when Colt Cabana tried to talk to him in AEW before the All Out scrum incident: "I won't ever talk to you without a lawyer present. I mean he caused all this dumb shit for no reason. 'Oh, I got the guy fired. He hasn't been on TV since whenever.' It is what it is." 

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1774885360054485431 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, but that's not what he's saying/implying.  He's saying that Tony's niceness has been exploited and that guys are out of control.  And when he asked him to correct a situation with an employee that's out of control, he didn't know what to do.  

TK may be fun to work for, but that doesn't mean you're gonna like who you're working with. 

Who wouldn’t want to work for a money mark that you can con out of not being booked and stay at home to get a check? 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1