DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/18 - 3/24/2024 - What Can I Say But, You're Welcome!

Nia & Becky in a Last Woman Standing match tonight on Raw!   Also, Seth is gonna try, probably hilariously ineptly, to call out the Rock!  The Road to Philly continues!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nia has been so fucking good during this latest run. What an awesome bully cheapshot artist. She’s had a bunch of banger matches. (I actually didn’t see her against Ripley yet either.) Becky is always at her best when she gets to be defiant in her matches — I’m not a fan of Becky as the world beater best in the world, but she’s fantastic having to work from underneath. She’s been positioned this way during the past few months and it has really clicked for me. I think the match tonight is going to be a really fun brawl. Becky vs. Rhea absolutely could main event WM but understandably isn’t because of the absolute star power in the main events. 

I am also really intrigued by the Sami/Gunther/Gable angle. They have to get Gable involved. Sami getting the win was such a great and intriguing choice. What a great three years Sami has had with WrestleMania — the big (and pretty incredible) celebrity match, a Night One main event in the angle of the century (and just an all-time banger match, too), and now in the show stealing position against Gunther and very likely Chad Gable with him playing as “the other guy.” 

• Like 5

I think I might have to check out Raw tonight, if nothing else for the Becky vs Nia last woman standing match.

Also, I’m so over Seth Rollins and his goofiness especially after the whole cringe inducing “diarrhea Dwayne” thing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

For a second, thought was the HOF announcement. 

I imagine they'll want to wait a few years until his youngest kids are old enough to remember/appreciate something like that.

1 minute ago, Peck said:

I imagine they'll want to wait a few years until his youngest kids are old enough to remember/appreciate something like that.

You haven't seen the leak yet, have you?  

(Go to the HOF thread.)

• Like 1

The trailer for the Wyatt doc looks good. He was someone who at moments I really loved his character but at others I wasn't into it at all. Don't know why they had Hogan in it. Doesn't feel like he would have any insight to add. 

40 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

The trailer for the Wyatt doc looks good. He was someone who at moments I really loved his character but at others I wasn't into it at all. Don't know why they had Hogan in it. Doesn't feel like he would have any insight to add. 

I think it's because they're paying him enough to be available for these things that they want to get as much as they can for it

I only got to see the Last Woman Standing match and that was a damn good garbage match brawl. Thought they did a good job at going from spot to spot and plunder to plunder. Nia has become a really good bully and Becky is at her best selling and selling and selling and then firing up. Loved that Becky had to use her resiliency to get the win (as highlighted by the announcers) and find a way to put Nia down after the Manhandle Slam through the table didn’t work. The leg drop from the ladder was pretty gnarly. Fun match.

I hate that Drew is doing the best work of his career and he has to deal with Seth cackling like a moron and using the crowd singing as a crutch when he doesn't have a comeback. 

Punk's comeback next week is going to be odd as both Seth and Drew hate him. 

• Like 4

Said it on the Discord but whatever Nia was wearing was NOT flattering. And the Ode to Bull guillotine from Becky was gnarly. 

Most I watched was a chunk of the Creeds/DIY match and it's nice they've moved the brothers up and gave them a bunch of false finishes but after the second one it's way obvious they are not going over. Maybe just one next time and lay extra heat on it. 

WWE: "Okay so we're gonna give you some homework for the interview, here's a couple matches we'd like you to watch so you know who you're talking about"

Hogan: "Okay"

WWE later: "So what do you think of Bray Wyatt?"

Hogan: "I would have made a ton of money with him brother"

WWE: "You can lie"

Hogan: "Okay then. *pause* It was so sad when he died, I knew his dad real well..."

• Haha 2

The Usos' faceoff was fine. Was nice to see Cody make the save.

DIY/Creeds built into a damn fine match as expected. Was great seeing the crowd into both teams a good deal. Hopefully the Creeds get more build so the crowd is into without them having to go all out each match as the future persists.

KC Squared vs. Indi/Candice was another angle masquerading as match to push Candice's new heel character. I kind of dig it, especing the absolutely dickish pride she had post match.

Cody's segment was solid.

Ricochet/Dom was pretty fun with Ricochet getting in a good showcase. Will be interesting to see what happens when Judgement Day breaks up post Mania. I kind of hope JD sticks with Dom as they two play well to each other.

The Sami/Gunther contract signing and Sami's segments with Gable were all good. I like the idea that Sami can't just rely on his underdog energy to take him through it. I don't ant Sami to win, but I have to say I would kind of love for Sami to maybe get some extra training from Gable to push himself to the next level and come close. 

Awesome Truth vs. Indus Sher was fun. Loved how Awesome Truth made their entrance. Was neat seeing one segment bleed into the next with some different camera angles in use. Its been good seeing WWE trest some new ideas out production wise post Dunn. Hope it continues. 

The Seth/Drew segment was another solid on between the two. Drew continues to give some of the bes t character work of his career. Seth is a goofball, but I d actually give him credit for stepping up the past few months during a lot of these segments. He isn't close as good as his opponents, but he also isn't so far behind its embarrassing like he has been in the past. 

New Day vs. Otis/Tozawa was another fun match. Was nice seeing Otis and Akira actually get in a decent showcase against a team like New Day.

Becky/Nia wasn't as good as their last match, but was still a solid garbage brawl.

Most of the matches and segments ranged from pretty decent-solid, but we did get a great standout match in DIY vs. Creeds. That is match that deserves to happen again with the belts on the line and one of them as champs. Another solid show with Wrestlemania taking shape and unfinished business finally ending on Becky's journey to Rhea.

• Like 1

Cody had a fire promo last night but the one last week was great as it gave Rock something to mock and in turn led to what Cody did last night.  Things just feel right with the buildup to the two nights of Cody/Bloodline and Seth aside this is going to be a fun one to watch.  I just hope we're past the point of staff giving out signs for the fans as with the Cody love there's no real need for that anymore.

• Like 1

Had to work last night so I'm just catching highlights although I need to find Creeds/DIY in full

Really dug the developments in the IC title hunt. One thing Sami has learned in WWE is the small movement of TV acting, his expression after Gunther started psyching him out was great

McAfee referencing pumas for Ricochet was a nice little nod. Ric is one of those wrestlers like Adam Cole who always seems to be mid-thigh slap in the youtube thumbnail

Rollins and McIntyre is a ton of fun. Seth deserves credit for being a part of the top two programs for this Mania even if he's the Other Guy in both

You know what? I'm into Candice LeRae's turn

Does Cody think Homelander is an aspirational character? Could be part of the problem

Lynch/Jax was up in full and it was a pretty good brawl. The Samoan drop onto the chairs had to suck, in fact Becky took quite a beating throughout. Jax has improved since returning but I had to laugh when she stumbled into position for the final table spot

I found Creeds/DIY and it was pretty dope. The Creed Bros have a lot of fun signature spots already like Julius suplexing a guy from his knees which is my kind of wrestling physics. They're still rough though and there's at least a couple of things in every match that don't quite work but thankfully they're strong enough that they can compensate and land guys like DIY pretty much anywhere. One day they will hit one of the impressive spots they try to do, this one was Julius trying a one-armed powerbomb to Gargano while holding Ciampa in an ankle lock with the other hand. Total madness to even try really and yet he almost got it

30 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I found Creeds/DIY and it was pretty dope. The Creed Bros have a lot of fun signature spots already like Julius suplexing a guy from his knees which is my kind of wrestling physics. They're still rough though and there's at least a couple of things in every match that don't quite work but thankfully they're strong enough that they can compensate and land guys like DIY pretty much anywhere. One day they will hit one of the impressive spots they try to do, this one was Julius trying a one-armed powerbomb to Gargano while holding Ciampa in an ankle lock with the other hand. Total madness to even try really and yet he almost got it

He's done it a few times in NXT.

• Like 1