DVDVR Message Board

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Frost vs Snow, it became clear very early that Lindsay Snow trains MMA legit, and Lady Frost never has. And then it finished super quickly.

It definitely seemed like they opted to go home quicker than initially planned.

Watching FITE this afternoon, he wrestled in the Progress opener at 3 pm and hauled ass to the Wrestling Revolver show like 90 minutes later. So he's already worked at least 5 matches in the last 24 hours, and I'm sure there has to be another show he snuck in. This motherfucker is EVERYWHERE, and more power to him.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, colonial said:

Saw Dan the Dad wrestle a giant baby otter mascot. One announcer said if you just tuned in and have no clue what is going on, dont worry, he has no clue either.

Lord we need Michael Wilbon to get involved in this feud, have Kornheiser in a gorilla suit while we are at it

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Chiitan has been a menace at Ice Ribbon shows in the past, so it's only a matter of time before their reckless abandon has spread to other organizations.

They still can't beat Kaho Matsushita though.

https://twitter.com/chiitan7407/status/1728279135796224417

• Like 1

Probably kinda hard to kick out when you have a giant head weighing down your upper half. 

Chiitan being an anti-corporate mascot that sells nothing and just smashes stuff immediately makes this one of the coolest things in Japan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Pro Wrestling Revolver/HOG wrestling joint show was pretty good but also very strange in that it was held in a church.  Well the center part of it.  But of course it doesn't stop wrestling as we got about 2 or 3 Go Fuck Yourselves versions in about 10 minutes,  Killer Kelly being as devishly sexy as possible, and Gia Miller with her ass all over the place. 

Jesus might have to do a triple shot on Sunday after that.

• Haha 2

The ICW NHB show from last night (that was head to head with the WWE HoF, ROH Supercard of Honor and GCW Spring Break), it's really good. Same building as DEAN~!!, 24 hours later, and bloody as hell. But unlike a lot of "Every match is a Deathmatch" shows, it's not got that monotonousness. Every match has been different.

Hoodfoot and Clint Margera were even doing limbwork! Strike the arm, twist the arm, stab the arm with glass. Lovely stuff.

Main event of the Friday TJPW show was felliniesque.  Loved the whole show.  Stardom was a one match show but it's one hell of a.  I just want Divine Kingdom to permanently reunite.  Seriously, Megasus ain't be do shit after January.

Regarding Bloodsport, and apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this, I watched it for the first time yesterday and was very impressed by the style. Can anyone signpost me to matched from previous Bloodsport events that are worth watching, or any articles explaining the history and origin of it? Many thanks!

Josh Barnett's Bloodsport (formerly Matt Riddle's Bloodsport, but he went to WWE) is a tribute to the shoot-style wrestling you used to see in Battlarts or UWF-I. 

This being the DVDVR, I suggest that rather than seeking out highlights, you instead watch ALL OF IT~!

In all seriousness, watching the Nobuhiko Takada vs Gary Albright matches, and then the Takada vs Vader matches, that's the commercial peak of the style. The artistic peak would be anything with Daisuke Ikeda vs Yuki Ishikawa. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tz70dElEjc

As far as Bloodsport events, the way they work the style, they tend not to have those 20+ minute epic matches. A lot don't go much beyond 5 minutes. So just watching every match on every Bloodsport isn't that huge of a time investment.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AxB said:

Josh Barnett's Bloodsport (formerly Matt Riddle's Bloodsport, but he went to WWE) is a tribute to the shoot-style wrestling you used to see in Battlarts or UWF-I. 

This being the DVDVR, I suggest that rather than seeking out highlights, you instead watch ALL OF IT~!

In all seriousness, watching the Nobuhiko Takada vs Gary Albright matches, and then the Takada vs Vader matches, that's the commercial peak of the style. The artistic peak would be anything with Daisuke Ikeda vs Yuki Ishikawa. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tz70dElEjc

As far as Bloodsport events, the way they work the style, they tend not to have those 20+ minute epic matches. A lot don't go much beyond 5 minutes. So just watching every match on every Bloodsport isn't that huge of a time investment.

Thank you, much appreciated,I have a Tabe Vader in UWF compilation from many years ago, which I remember as being awesome, will do some digging! I did think the match length on the Bloodsport fron this weekend (none over 10 min iirc) was interesting. I always know to come here if I want intelligent info!

Yeah, the first Bloodsport event was Matt Riddle's Bloodsport in 2018 and that first event was a fun curiosity, but the concept as a whole didn't really reach its full vision until the next year when it got re-branded with Josh Barnett involved and you can tell he started getting involved with booking talent for the event himself. It's definitely something that I think would lose its luster quickly if they tried running more than a few times a year, but it really does stand out amongst the crowd of Mania weekend events. 

I do appreciate how well laid out from start to finish these events typically are as well. It's also fun watching a crowd mentally re-set their brain for a Bloodsport event too. I attended last year's Mania weekend Bloodsport in Los Angeles and a simple running dive to the outside got a "Holy Shit" chant from the crowd simply for being that move happening in a Bloodsport environment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxB said:

The ICW NHB show from last night (that was head to head with the WWE HoF, ROH Supercard of Honor and GCW Spring Break), it's really good. Same building as DEAN~!!, 24 hours later, and bloody as hell. But unlike a lot of "Every match is a Deathmatch" shows, it's not got that monotonousness. Every match has been different.

Hoodfoot and Clint Margera were even doing limbwork! Strike the arm, twist the arm, stab the arm with glass. Lovely stuff.

At DEAN I saw some stuff under the ring like a bed of nails that made me fear for the rest of the night. That makes more sense seeing it was meant for a different show.

• Like 2

Enjoyed both the TJPW and GCW vs TJPW shows. From the TJPW show, the matches to watch were definitely Rhio/Nakajima and the main tag. Best part of the day was getting to meet and take a pic with Aja Kong. I was in total awe. 

Today's GCW vs TJPW was all about the tag and the main event although there was nothing truly bad. I got a kick out of Shazza/Endo too simply for Shazza going full heel for us 

So wild that there was an indy show with both AEW and WWE contracted wrestlers. I'm still not interested in WWE programming but boy is this a refreshing time to be a fan...

#CopeSaidNothingWrong 😂

My favorite thing that I saw was someone noted how this shows how Brett will never be Dennis Carluzzo because Carluzzo would have immediately given out Sabu's number and told fans to ask him why he wasn't showing

• Like 2