DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JANUARY 2024

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

Friends, what are your 5 favorite potential Danielson random as heck Dream Matches?

Bryan Danielson versus Mance Warner infront of 80 people at a GCW show

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I kinda want to see Dragon vs L.A. Park. Has he wrestled Kikutaro before? I'd like to see that too. Hell, bring in The Great Sasuke too. 

Park was last even looking fairly rotound

29 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Danielson vs the unblemished AEW record of Shaq 

It’s too bad we can’t get Brie Bella & Danielson versus Shaq & Jade 😢

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

If we get Dragon vs. Sasuke then I want Dragon vs. Onita too. Dragon vs. Yuki Ishikawa, even in exhibition form. Versus Park, of course. Jun Kasai. Ricky Morton. Demus. Dr. Wagner Jr. 

Hell, I want Coach Tony K to pony up and bring in Onita to face Moxley. Park vs Mox too. If he wasn't currently the MAGA Butcher, I'd love to see Necro come in and fight Dragon again, Joe again and Mox. 

I wonder what Dragon could get out of Nick Gage? 

• Like 3

So happy to see AEW back to booking Line-ups. Going further, when the matches aren't officially set, but they know a certain wrestler is appearing, they should promote said appearance too. Not unlike how the late 80s/early 90s syndicated WWF shows would end with the line-up of which performers were set for the next show. The specifics of who their match or 'in action' or 'speaks' is great, but even better to know who's on the show. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Danielson vs the unblemished AEW record of Shaq 

Save this for a few months to get some sweet March Madness cross-promotion. First Daily's show of spring, an ambulance pulls up to ringside, the doors burst open...

16 hours ago, Octopus said:

Friends, what are your 5 favorite potential Danielson random as heck Dream Matches?

1) Angelico

2) Double J

3) Kommander

4) Matt Sydal (I don't think I got to post about this in time the other week before the TV thread closed but I really, really enjoyed that Jericho match on Rampage)

5) An oddball pick: depending on what he's looking like over at TNA (I've only seen a promo so far) it might be interesting to see a match with Nic Nemeth where "the governor is off" so to speak.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Save this for a few months to get some sweet March Madness cross-promotion. First Daily's show of spring, an ambulance pulls up to ringside, the doors burst open...

1) Angelico

2) Double J

3) Kommander

4) Matt Sydal (I don't think I got to post about this in time the other week before the TV thread closed but I really, really enjoyed that Jericho match on Rampage)

5) An oddball pick: depending on what he's looking like over at TNA (I've only seen a promo so far) it might be interesting to see a match with Nic Nemeth where "the governor is off" so to speak.

How good of a match could Danielson get out of Shaq? I'd pay per the view. Okay, I'll offer Satnam Singh v Danielson. On 'Rampage baby!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

How good of a match could Danielson get out of Shaq? I'd pay per the view. Okay, I'll offer Satnam Singh v Danielson. On 'Rampage baby!'

You jest, but I am completely, unironically in for all of that 100%! I honestly wish I threw Platinum Satnum on my list earlier now. Danielson could pinball around for him for a bit, build the whole thing around being "the first" to take Singh off his feet - dropkick him or chop him down for a huge pop, get a few spots in with Sanjay, Lethal, and Double J while Singh sells being down for the first time. It doesn't have to be anything long or crazy. I could totally see this on TV

My viewership/attention was spotty most of the time they would have overlapped- did Danielson ever wrestle The Great Khali at WWE??

• Like 3