DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 11/27 - 12/3/2023 - Now With More CM Punk Than Ever!

Dolfan in NYC

Alright, obviously this week is going to be dominated by last night's big return:

Spoiler

That's right, HE'S BACK!   

Oh, right... Randy and some other guy are gonna be on Raw tonight.  Tune in and see what wacky shenanigans happen! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to WWE TV - 11/27 - 12/3/2023 - Now With More CM Punk Than Ever!

Some claims that the opening and ending of RAW tonight will be huge. The commercial free stuff seems to back that up.

Possibilities?

Pull the trigger on Punk/Rollins tonight with Punk winning?
Orton turns on Cody to keep Cody occupied until setting up the Roman rematch. (Although, not sure how you get there brand-wise without Cody winning the Rumble again).
McIntyre helps kick Priest out of JD?
Three Hour R-Truth concert? 

Edited by Chaos

Guess since we're in full on speculation mode and there's nothing else for the main roster for 8 weeks, I'm saying the Rumble final 4 is (barring a title change):

Punk, Drew, Knight, and Cody. 

Completely guessing here, but I'd think Punk wins and picks Roman, thus beginning the final leg of the chase of Hogan's title reign.  Drew/Priest, Knight/GUNTHER, Cody/Seth to end night 1 (with Priest finally cashing in).

15 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Completely guessing here, but I'd think Punk wins and picks Roman, thus beginning the final leg of the chase of Hogan's title reign.  Drew/Priest, Knight/GUNTHER, Cody/Seth to end night 1 (with Priest finally cashing in).

Does Punk spoof more of Savage's gimmick, and cuts a promo covering the world famous hit hip hop song? "Be a Man" aimed at Roman?

Guessing they start the build to Cody taking the briefcase from Priest and they use that to set up Cody vs. Roman instead of Cody winning the Rumble.  Punk takes the belt off of Seth at the Rumble. Sami or Knight wins the Rumble and challenges Punk. 

After the Punk thing, a close friend and I were discussing what would it take to watch an entire Raw. We’ve both been wrestling fans for forever and have seen our fair share of wild shit (I got to see Jericho’s first appearance in WWF…and he got to see Sid break his leg from about the third row).

He said $100 to watch Raw and I said that was too low. I said maybe for $300 I would watch the whole 3 hours live. So no fast forwarding, no falling asleep, no playing games on the phone, you’re just sitting there watching 3 full hours of Raw unless you have to use the bathroom or grab a snack. 

I’m not even sure I could do that for $300. Maybe $500?

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

And anything other than Cody vs Roman at WM would be monumentally bad.

Roman's been in a holding pattern for something, and I don't think it's necessarily Cody. Having Cody win the Rumble in back to back years would be a little too repetitive and the other ways to get to Cody/Roman would be almost deus ex machina or things that would make the Rumble winner look a little weird for not going for Roman for the title.

I've already joked about CM Punk jobbing in 5 minutes to Roman Reigns multiple times to "unify" the titles. In the spirit of Benoit's first WWF match being a loss in 9 minutes to Triple H.

In theory, Cody should have a bit of an on-screen grievance about not facing Roman. I haven't been watching enough TV to know if the Damien Priest briefcase can be cashed in on Roman or just Rollins, but that's an idea to do a rematch without having Cody win the Rumble. But hey, that briefcase might actually get used tonight so.

8 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Holy shit

Hide contents

Dixie Carter

Is backstage! 

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

“I had Jacksonville Dixie fearing for his life.”

Odessa is Ace Steel, I knew it. 

• Like 1

Things I remember from the parts of Raw I watched:

The Creeds looking impressive out there. Also the Indian dudes had magnificent hair before they lost to Gargano/Ciampa.

Nakamura has decided to mist Cody Rhodes.

Drew McIntyre headbutted Seth's title but Jey Uso will face Seth next week.

Randy Orton looks like a mix of his dad and 2002 Bautista.

Giant Haystacks attacks Judgment Day McDonough and Dominik to help Randy Orton cheat out a win against Dom.

Meanwhile, CM Punk is here and he's a smiling friendly man now who just wants to be the best in the world because he's home. Good ol Corporate Man Punk, in the eyes of some of you.

Punk’s promo was a mix of the First Dance and the Collision return promos. It was weird. And the “I’m home!” stuff. We’re pretending like AEW didn’t happen, which is understandable, but is also awkward for those of us that do know and have heard most of that (with added venom for WWE). I don’t know. I reserve the right to judge this until his return is more settled in and more promos have been given, but as of now: it was rushed, short, and didn’t FEEL as genuine as anything in AEW (doesn’t mean it’s not, tho). Which is expected, honestly.

Barely paid attention to the rest of the show, but I like the Creed Brothers a lot, Nakamura/Cody might be good (did Muta pass on his most abilities?) and the way the ring announcer says Chelsea Green’s name.

Oh and Bronson Reed deserves better than feuding with a heatless Viking Raiders or whatever. Yikes.

• Like 2