DVDVR Message Board

November 2023 Wrestling Talk

On 11/25/2023 at 6:32 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

He's the cousin who is REALLY into cryptocurrency even though he himself doesn't fully understand it yet. He also overuses the word "mid".

He's the cousin that brings a 2 buck bag of napkins and a stack of 20 paper plates to Thanksgiving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Getting ready for the last 3 or 4 shows of the year. Since March pretty much 3 weekends a month been on the road hitting up local indies all over MS/LA.

Got to see Steve Anthony come out of retirement to face Vordell Walker in October down in Houma LA. Saw a fun Casket match between a local vet and a rising youngster in Bay St Louis.And saw someone counter a figure four,applied on top a bar in the venue,with a plastic spork.

Now if we can just get someone in December to book the "Nightmare Jeremiah Before Christmas" hardcore match.

Edited by bobholly138
Double Post
  • Like 2

From Rip Rogers’ YouTube page:

I was not ready for Ronnie Garvin’s look around this time because I had never seen him as anything other than blond/short haired.

Also solid suit game from Lanny. If the family’s financial practices are any indicator, the suit was bought at least 10 years before this aired.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, wait, Rollins is a face?!

He cut a promo on a PBA show a couple years back(the PBA is on Fox and even awards a WWE Championship replica to the winner of the PBA Playoffs event) in this sort of gimmick, and it was basically low-rent Zicky Dice, and Zicky Dice is a(n enjoyable) knockoff of heel DDP in 1995. But uh, both Dice and '95 DDP have zero redeeming qualities. How in the heck is Rollins a face?

I don't understand this new generation of WWE fans, why do they like what they like?!, things were different back in my day, rabble rabble rabble. 

• Haha 1

just read an AP push alert for a story about "off-grid schools" selling diplomas to people who never graduated high school and immediately thought of a very meta wrestling gimmick:

a wrestler from a diploma mill wrestling school

not sure if there's a good enough ex-backyarder who could present themselves as having paid an old wrestler money to claim to be trained by them

i've had the "identity theft" concept for an angle for awhile which likely would bomb horribly if done in real life

• Like 1

If Eddie Guerrero didn't get hurt after he formed the LWO do you think it would have worked? Even as a kid who wasn't smart yet,  I remember thinking to myself how it going to work with most of the Luchadores in one group? It was really entertaining the segment Eddie was in with them showing the personality he got to show after he left WCW. We would have got to see than side much sooner and would have had no choice to feature him strongly until Nash or someone like that volunteered kill them off. I wonder if the LWO would have stayed working with other cruiserweights or would they be working with people outside of the division that's already over at the time

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

just read an AP push alert for a story about "off-grid schools" selling diplomas to people who never graduated high school and immediately thought of a very meta wrestling gimmick:

a wrestler from a diploma mill wrestling school

not sure if there's a good enough ex-backyarder who could present themselves as having paid an old wrestler money to claim to be trained by them

i've had the "identity theft" concept for an angle for awhile which likely would bomb horribly if done in real life

Wasn't this more or less Mass Transit?

• Like 2

On 11/25/2023 at 7:32 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

He's the cousin who is REALLY into cryptocurrency even though he himself doesn't fully understand it yet. He also overuses the word "mid".

Seth Rollins is Kendall Roy?

• Like 2

If she serves the full terms successively (which I'm doubting) then the sentence goes into 2041 when she will be 67-68. Even in Florida, i'd imagine that if you're in prison and you're not a total idiot, your release date gradually moves closer (also probability-wise, I'd think women's prisons are less violent than men's prisons). Any rehabilitation that actually happens in prison is probably a happy accident since the interest in rehabilitating people isn't necessarily that strong. But getting Tammy away from drugs/alcohol for a period of time would be a huge benefit to her (I mean, it's possible to still get fucked up on stuff in prison, but this is as close to involuntary drug rehab that they're gonna get)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

If she serves the full terms successively (which I'm doubting) then the sentence goes into 2041 when she will be 67-68. Even in Florida, i'd imagine that if you're in prison and you're not a total idiot, your release date gradually moves closer (also probability-wise, I'd think women's prisons are less violent than men's prisons). Any rehabilitation that actually happens in prison is probably a happy accident since the interest in rehabilitating people isn't necessarily that strong. But getting Tammy away from drugs/alcohol for a period of time would be a huge benefit to her (I mean, it's possible to still get fucked up on stuff in prison, but this is as close to involuntary drug rehab that they're gonna get)

Oh man... Have I got some unfortunate news about women's prisons for you... 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh man... Have I got some unfortunate news about women's prisons for you... 😕

i'm going off of MSNBC Lockup episodes where women's prisons are loaded with women who could plausibly be driving semitrucks who are in prison because they murdered their husbands