DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

1.) Grabbing the extremely large and angry Frenchman who was about to murder his teammate, while clearly against NBA rules, seems like a valid and fair response to me.

2. Locking on the hold and dragging Rudy several feet across the court for several seconds is less valid and fair.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

1.) Grabbing the extremely large and angry Frenchman who was about to murder his teammate, while clearly against NBA rules, seems like a valid and fair response to me.

2. Locking on the hold and dragging Rudy several feet across the court for several seconds is less valid and fair.

Did that happen?  I didn't see, my monitor went out.  

• Haha 5

If you want a good laugh, watch the Golden State feed of the Draymond choke. They call Rudy's restraint a chokehold (it wasn't) and the do everything they can to defend Green, including not calling his a chokehold (it was). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Contentious C said:

A trophy and the individual players on the rosters get like 500k for winning and 200k for semi-finalists, 100k for making the tournament at all, something like that.  Probably means a lot more to the 2-way guys and 12/13/14/15s on the bench.

Do the games count for playoff seeding?

43 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Do the games count for playoff seeding?

Yes, except the championship. It's part of the 82 game schedule (when we get to the actual tournament part of the tournament, eliminated teams will play each other to make up the games.

The two finalists will play an 83rd regular season game that I'm pretty sure doesn't count in the standings.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yes, except the championship. It's part of the 82 game schedule (when we get to the actual tournament part of the tournament, eliminated teams will play each other to make up the games.

The two finalists will play an 83rd regular season game that I'm pretty sure doesn't count in the standings.

I don’t get it