DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 9/6 - 9/12/2023 - NOW 100% CM PUNK FREE!

Dolfan in NYC

I will again state my objection to Samoa Joe or anyone else taking a powder when adam Cole or the bucks do a run in. What’s adam Cole gonna do to Joe? Leg slap him to death? Yell his name louder and louder until Joe leaves the ring from pure fright? Threaten him with that “12 year old trying to sound like a badass on Xbox live” voice? Whenever I see this play out on real life, it’s always the tiny one stepping to the big guy over some perceived slight at the bar/baseball game/social event. I’ve never once seen the big dangerous dude run from the tiny loudmouth. And again, it’s not inherently about adam Cole’s size. It’s about adam Cole’s refusal to present himself as a small wrestler in a world of bigger, more dangerous ones.

• Like 2

Just headcanon it that Joe knows that if he hits Adam Cole, he'll kill him, and so he walks away from the fight because Cole isn't worth the jail time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

So last night I went to see the Godfather of Desert Rock Brant Bjork (also Yawning Blach!) and we know their ain't no rain in the desert! 

Pretty fun episode of All Elite Worldwide! Good woman's trio's match! Always nice to see The Bunny! 2.0 got a solid match out of The Bucks and both singles matches where solid

• Like 3

Yeah, Rampage was fun.

• Lethal vs Penta was solid for the most part. The best part was Jericho calling Abrahantes equivalent to ALF. I kind of hated Penta's comeback. Lethal does Penta's taunt, gets away with it, hits another move, and then just puts his head down and gets kicked. You can do that for a hope spot or even a match with no stakes, but this should have had something more interesting, even if the interesting bit was immediately thereafter with the finish. Would have been better if Alex got hit with a guitar.
  • Jericho and Sammy mugging was fine. Still a lot of ways this could go.
  • Hook thing was fine but some direction would be nice. This was just letting people know he'd wrestle on Grand Slam.
  • 6-Woman tag was good for the most part. They kept things moving on control. Bunny seems more screechy than before. The look on Skye Blue's face after she hit the superkick on Bunny to stop the Down the Rabbit hole was hilarious. No idea what that was about. They are doing a week to week dissension bit between Shida and Britt (with Britt nailing her again and again) which is the whole point of these matches, from Shida reluctantly doing the fist bump coming out to not doing it post match and the announcers never seem to bring it up. That's pretty funny too I guess.
  • Santana's promo was interesting because they clearly focused on Ortiz when he said stuff about a crutch and not Ortiz has posted on twitter about it. I assume they're wrestling on Grand Slam Rampage which is not an assumption I'd make yesterday.
  • Bucks vs 2.0, also fine. Babyface Bucks are not something I watch a lot but they do come off as disingenuous and going through the motions to a degree, not when they're hyping the crowd up but on something like Nick being a HOUSE OF FIRE after the hot tag. 2.0 did basic stuff fairly well I guess. The Hager chant was funny and he gave a pouty face, so this had that going for it. I would have preferred a chant for Daddy Magic instead.
  • Main event was pure competence, really. Jeff is genuine in ways that they're not and fought up from underneath well. I liked Joe walking out of the way on a normal leap from rope running and not on, let's say the whisper in the wind, which Jeff hit clean. Finish was good as it was just very sudden and that's a good thing to remind people of week after week. I'm looking forward to Strong vs Darby and even Joe vs Penta.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It's not that he looks like a small wrestler, it's that he doesn't look like a wrestler at all

Well said. I love Bryan Danielson & AJ Styles & Chad Gable. I don’t mind small wrestlers at all, regardless of what my Little Friend and others would assume. I just look at adam Cole and have no idea how he would go about hurting a regular Joe with a modicum of self defense ability like me, let alone the Samoa Joe’s of the world…

• Like 1

I love how certain posters talk like they’re Street tough, and they could fight Miro. Based on the fact I posted a few months ago that I thought Swerve and Hangman would be a good feud I’ll post another idea I hope Coach TK uses. Please book that loud obnoxious scrub that begs Ricky Starks to stroke him while he calls Starks his daddy in a fight against Miro. I’d love seeing Just Dickhead shit himself the moment Miro touches him. 

Face it Just Damian we all know you don’t have any self defense skills, and if you really did you wouldn’t be playing internet tough guy for an audience that thinks you’re a joke.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

I love how certain posters talk like they’re Street tough, and they could fight Miro. Based on the fact I posted a few months ago that I thought Swerve and Hangman would be a good feud I’ll post another idea I hope Coach TK uses. Please book that loud obnoxious scrub that begs Ricky Starks to stroke him while he calls Starks his daddy in a fight against Miro. I’d love seeing Just Dickhead shit himself the moment Miro touches him. 

Face it Just Damian we all know you don’t have any self defense skills, and if you really did you wouldn’t be playing internet tough guy for an audience that thinks you’re a joke.

I don’t recall him fucking with you just now.  

How about not this time?

• Like 9

Also, and I only saw this because someone quoted it, I was emphatic that Miro would beat my ass. When you start learning things like bjj and sambo, one thing you start wondering is “how good am I really?” Miro is an accomplished grappler. I’d love to roll for a couple sessions and learn some things. He seems like the kind of guy who’d go out for wings & beer after he spends an hour mauling folks on the mat…

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It's not that he looks like a small wrestler, it's that he doesn't look like a wrestler at all

And he's one half of the hottest acts in the company so who cares?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

I don’t recall him fucking with you just now.  

How about not this time?

Read the post right before mine. He’s taken multiple digs recently referring to someone as his Little Friend with only the LF and capitalized. It’s clear he’s trolling and fucking with me. Which is why I thought the admins would have dealt with him by now especially after I reported him last month for sending me multiple harassing DMs even after blocking him.

Came in late like a damn fool, just in time to see Jade return and (thankfully) lay everyone out. 

Spoiler

- Well well well, no Metalik. Something's up there. It felt like I looked away and that match was over, so much for your lucha fireworks. Juicey Boy is starting to look like Bruiser Brody. 

- Lana appears, which I forgot she came out on All Out too, and forgot about her losing the accent back in WWE too. I... really don't know what she can offer here. Meanwhile we also get appearances from Hobbs and Keith Lee. Hmmm. Collision turning into the Big Meaty Men show would be the best. 

- Fenix/Angelico is solid for the time it got. Angelico gets to pull off some llave! Fenix ends it with two total death moves, and also kicks directly in the face who I thought was Bandido but Kelly says is Serpentico? I'm not sure if I'm screwing up or Kelly is, but Kelly definitely screwed up calling the crowbars BCC used "lead pipes and tire irons". Just another reason not to like him. 

- Darby gets mauled again and Strong decides to put him through the buzzsaw which was pretty rad. The STF was vicious, but that fucking Uranage on the buckle followed by the apron faceplant was just insane. He really does need to just take a break. Luchasaurus doesn't need airtime and Christian is over whenever you give him a mic, you can put all three in mothballs for a month. Of course this won't happen but one can dream. 

- The Dragon announcement got to me. This won't be a Terry Funk retirement. But that motherfucker is gonna treat every match like he is Terry Funk. Bill and Starks continue to earn their paychecks big time. 

- Joe/Penta felt like it went long to me, and that's not because they talked about the time limit or anything. Actually Kelly did one good thing and like a real wrestling announcer, talk about doing homework on Joe with his typical match length and have some back-and-forth with Ross about it. Man I used to love Penta when he first showed up in LU, but nothing about him appeals to me anymore. Joe beat him up enough I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1