DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I enjoy how the NFL always announces a big schedule release show and then leaks have the schedule before the show starts

So along with announcing all the International games - they also announced that the Chiefs will host the Bengals on New Year's Eve (Dec 31)

Black Friday is Dolphins @ Airplanes apparently.  

The *one* fucking game I can go to in South Florida, and they're gonna be up here.  God damn it.  

Not to be "that fan" but how is it fair that the Bills have to fly to the UK to play the Jags when the Jags played there the week before, so they won't have to deal with the travel and the jet lag before the game. Hopefully the Bills play the Thursday game the week before that so they have an extra few days to compensate.

15 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Not to be "that fan" but how is it fair that the Bills have to fly to the UK to play the Jags when the Jags played there the week before, so they won't have to deal with the travel and the jet lag before the game. Hopefully the Bills play the Thursday game the week before that so they have an extra few days to compensate.

Would you rather (hypothetically) they play on Sunday then fly to the UK for a Week 5 game, or they get their bye Week 4, and have that week to travel? 

Personally I don’t think this is good for them as they’ll have a bye Week 6, and be stuck playing 12 games without a week off after that. Assuming the league does the traditional bye week after an overseas game. 

Giants at Eagles is a Christmas Day game

Christmas is Monday this year and the game is starting at 4:30 PM EST on FOX so I am suspecting there will be two other games that day too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Might be a disadvantage to the Jags because they'll be away from their home for almost two weeks in a foreign country.  These guys are a creature of habit and that's a long amount of time to be away from their family and homes.

16 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Might be a disadvantage to the Jags because they'll be away from their home for almost two weeks in a foreign country.  These guys are a creature of habit and that's a long amount of time to be away from their family and homes.

Shad Khan is all but holding up a sign saying "Waiting out the lease."  You sign with the Jags, you'd better know what you're signing up for. 

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Giants at Eagles is a Christmas Day game

Christmas is Monday this year and the game is starting at 4:30 PM EST on FOX so I am suspecting there will be two other games that day too

Time to boo Santa again?

• Like 1

I can't decide if it's more or less likely that they throw at Santa based on their record. 

More likely it's based on who's mom he's slept with:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Almost 60 years since snowballs at Santa and 20+ since batteries.  People really need to find something else to hang their hats on about Philadelphia fans.

as an Eagles fan, i disagree. fuck Santa. let the legend of our dissent grow exponentially.

• Haha 1

More games trickling out (and the local reporters will announce a team's full schedule hours before the actual show)

Raiders at Chiefs on Christmas (This will also be a Nickelodeon game)

Niners at Eagles - Week 13 (4:25 PM EST)

Also - there are reports but not confirmed that the Season Opening game will be Lions at Chiefs

And as soon as I hit send they announced Bills at Jets on MNF Week 1 (which BTW is also 9/11)

AND and - they confirmed the opening game is Lions/Chiefs

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

More games trickling out (and the local reporters will announce a team's full schedule hours before the actual show)

For example - the DC sports radio station is basically live leaking the schedule on the air right now

On that note - Washington at Dallas is one of the Thanksgiving games

Dolphins @ Pats on week 2.   On Tom Brady Appreciation night.  

I'm just taking solace in that we won't have to go to Foxboro in January.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Dolphins @ Pats on week 2.   On Tom Brady Appreciation night.  

I'm just taking solace in that we won't have to go to Foxboro in January.  

I'm looking forward to Tua outplaying Mac again. I'm interested in the schedule today, as I'm hoping to finally make the trip down to Miami for a game.

I have a couple of Raider fan buddies, and I talked about us making a boys trip out of it. 

On 5/10/2023 at 11:14 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Shad Khan is all but holding up a sign saying "Waiting out the lease."  You sign with the Jags, you'd better know what you're signing up for. 

*ron_paul_its_happening.gif*

• Like 1