DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Speaking of Fallout,  Fallout 3 is great on the Series X. The graphical upgrades make it look more modern and the framerate improvements means it doesn't feel junky as shit like it did when it came out. Seriously,  I loved it when it dropped,  but it was a mess technically. I was hoping for a remake,  but it honestly doesn't need it. 

9 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Speaking of Fallout,  Fallout 3 is great on the Series X. The graphical upgrades make it look more modern and the framerate improvements means it doesn't feel junky as shit like it did when it came out. Seriously,  I loved it when it dropped,  but it was a mess technically. I was hoping for a remake,  but it honestly doesn't need it. 

Does the Gamepass version have all the DLC included? I keep meaning to look. I own a disc copy but only have a Series S for now. Plan to upgrade at some point, but I also have such limited time on gaming (I've been kind of building a priority list for this year to drop backlog 2-3 games before year's end... problem is my limited gaming this weekend went to sports games instead). 

30 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Does the Gamepass version have all the DLC included? I keep meaning to look. I own a disc copy but only have a Series S for now. Plan to upgrade at some point, but I also have such limited time on gaming (I've been kind of building a priority list for this year to drop backlog 2-3 games before year's end... problem is my limited gaming this weekend went to sports games instead). 

No,  it doesn't. You'll have to buy any of the DLC that you didn't buy previously. I had a couple, so I only had to buy the one that raised the level cap.

• Like 1

Weird.  I can't even get the damn thing to run on my PC anymore, pretty much since they yanked the GFWL nonsense that only ever made games worse anyway.  I guess it could be worth checking out, but the one time I got it to run, I blasted my way through the last 3 or 4 main questlines I'd never done (being annoyed by the bullet-sponginess of Overlords the whole time) and finished it just say I had, so revisiting sounds a little pointless.  Most of my playthroughs I would get to 10 in all attributes and 100 in all skills and then immediately grow bored.  I don't think I ever really saw what was in the some of the buildings at the Mall, though.

On 8/8/2023 at 5:27 AM, Death From Above said:

lol not even a token shader upgrade package or anything, that's even lazier than Bethesda somehow. Amazing stuff.

And it's still 50 bucks. They deserve to get dragged for this. 

Since Bethesda has come up..., they just dropped a upscale of Quake II of all things, and it's on GamePass, with the old DLC, a new DLC(?), and a port of Quake II 64.  Oh, and working cross-platform multiplayer.  That came out of nowhere.

i might give that a shot.

18 hours ago, Raziel said:

Since Bethesda has come up..., they just dropped a upscale of Quake II of all things, and it's on GamePass, with the old DLC, a new DLC(?), and a port of Quake II 64.  Oh, and working cross-platform multiplayer.  That came out of nowhere.

i might give that a shot.

If you want to own it, you can buy it for like $4 on sites like GreenManGaming. That’s what I did about an hour after it released. It looks really, really good (on my SteamDeck). I’ve never played any of the Quake games so I grabbed 1 Remaster, 2 Remaster and 4 for probably under $7.

27 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I finally downloaded Starfield , after finally getting enough Reward points to get a Xbox store good gift card. 

with my reward points as they are right now I’ll be able to get $10 off the premium edition for sure. Which is better than no discount, but I really should have started saving up earlier. Oh well 😂

Happy Starfield Pre-Loading Day! Now I'll get to look at this thing on my Xbox and wish I could be playing it over just about everything else.

BTW, this year is just overloaded with games. For whatever reason, until I was watching Justified on Tuesday and got bombarded by Armored Core commercials, I didn't realize that Armored Core and Starfield are essentially coming out within a week of each other. So once again I'll get to do the dance of "what system will this From Soft game look best on." And then play that for a week before giving up my existence for Starfield. We'll probably need a Starfield thread.

• Like 1

I've been staring at my Starfield controller and headset for awhile now just itching to play the game.

BTW, a note about the headset. I have some buyers remorse. It definitely isn't getting any more comfortable. I don't have a huge head or anything, but that thing is pretty tight compared to my other gaming headsets.

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

Happy Starfield Pre-Loading Day! Now I'll get to look at this thing on my Xbox and wish I could be playing it over just about everything else.

It took an hour for the 101GBs to completely upload and install to my S/X. 

12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I'm tried of seeing the Sea of Stars on my Xbox and we still have 2 weeks before it goes live. 

It's because the free demo is still available for play, silly.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I’m pretty sure Skull & Bones is subsidized by Singapore and Ubisoft is bound by contract to release it (at some point). So it’s not something they can just cancel or anything.

They probably could put it in permanent developmental hell but it has to get to the point where they just need to rip off the bandaid and move on to something else.