DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Crimson Desert

I mean I give them credit for stealing from every other successful popular recent Action RPG

Since you can pet a dog and shining wizard a giant crab it at least has my attention

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Crimson Desert

I mean I give them credit for stealing from every other successful popular recent Action RPG

Since you can pet a dog and shining wizard a giant crab it at least has my attention

You can perform evasive acrobatics and deliver V-Triggers while donning full plate armor and there's fishing?  I think I'm in.

Edited by J.T.

Crimson Desert will probably end up like Lords of the Fallen, Forspoken, Immortals of Aveum, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, and Biomutant to me - games that looked ok pre-launch, then looked kinda cliché and go on my "to play" list once they are under $30 but then I'll forget about them and never play them. I love open world ARPGs/FPSs but so many come out I just can't play them all.

Yesterday Bioware lays off 50 people but claims Dragon Age: Dreadwolf and Mass Effect 4 won't be effected

Today - DA: Dreadwolf has had its release window delayed until at least Summer 2024 and it will probably be longer

Oh and they are apparently yanking people off of ME4 to work on the game

Grr....

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yesterday Bioware lays off 50 people but claims Dragon Age: Dreadwolf and Mass Effect 4 won't be effected

Today - DA: Dreadwolf has had its release window delayed until at least Summer 2024 and it will probably be longer

Grr....

I hate everything you just said, thx

If you would have told me the day after I finished Mass Effect 3 everything that has happened with Bioware, I really would have liked the ending a lot more. Because that ending sucked,  but it's not even close to how much everything else has sucked since.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Vaporware. The studio has nothing at this point.

On 8/24/2023 at 9:00 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

Crimson Desert will probably end up like Lords of the Fallen, Forspoken, Immortals of Aveum, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, and Biomutant to me - games that looked ok pre-launch, then looked kinda cliché and go on my "to play" list once they are under $30 but then I'll forget about them and never play them. I love open world ARPGs/FPSs but so many come out I just can't play them all.

Lords of the Fallen gets a bad rap, IMO. It's INCREDIBLY chunky and that's either why you'll enjoy it or it will be a massive turn off. But considering it's constantly on sale for like $5 or less at this point I actually had a ton of fun with it and easily got my money's worth.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Lords of the Fallen gets a bad rap, IMO. It's INCREDIBLY chunky and that's either why you'll enjoy it or it will be a massive turn off. But considering it's constantly on sale for like $5 or less at this point I actually had a ton of fun with it and easily got my money's worth.

Oh sorry for the confusion, my bad. I played Lords of the Fallen, it was... ok, some fun moments. I meant Lords of the Fallen in my list, which also looks ok but I just don't think I have room in my backlog for it at the moment. But I'll keep an eye on it in case it gets good reviews.

On 8/25/2023 at 3:52 PM, RIPPA said:

Grr....

So much hate right now.

• Like 1

I know its unrealistic to expect the gaming world to cater to my personal needs but coming out the same week as Starfield guarantees I won't be getting to Sea of Stars (or anything else) for at least three to four weeks. But I'm still excited to play it, its totally "my shit" from looking at early reviews.

37 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I know its unrealistic to expect the gaming world to cater to my personal needs but coming out the same week as Starfield guarantees I won't be getting to Sea of Stars (or anything else) for at least three to four weeks. But I'm still excited to play it, its totally "my shit" from looking at early reviews.

This is how I feel about Sea of Stars and Baldur's Gate 3. I only get 24 hours in a day,  I can't dedicate my life to all of these games at once. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 11:30 AM, odessasteps said:

I liked the demo but I also know that's there's no point in starting it this week, between potential NMS expedition and Starfield on Thursday. 

It will take me months to beat Starfield because OCD will compel me to try to find everything.  I know I won't get to Sea of Stars, Cyberpunk 2077:  Phantom Liberty, or BG3 until sometime next year.

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

It will take me months to beat Starfield because OCD will compel me to try to find everything.

I would imagine the talk of the real game starting after you complete the main story is going to kill you then.

My friend's dad had a game of Civ 2 going...on the SNES...for like 15 years. 15 actual years! It's the only game he played on the SNES. I can't even begin to imagine what you could even do on the SNES version of that game for that long. I would imagine it probably wasn't just the same run that whole time because inevitably someone would have to win, but then there are those stories out there about how someone had Civ 4 or 5 in an endgame state for actual years where it was just a totally war torn world and no one side could actually get enough of an advantage to actually win. And then it finally ended.

That might be Starfield for me if it pans out like I hope it does. BG3, Armored Core 6, Helldivers 2, and Tears of the Kingdom are just going to become my change of pace games that I'll never finish.

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There was a nintendo direct this morning. Didn't watch yet. But looks like Mario Wonder footage and maybe a new Switch oled model.

I did not realize that there is an elephant form of Mario now that looks uncanningly like a German kid's cartoon character (that was created in the 1970s).

Elephant Mario:

Untitled_design__73_.0.png

Benjamin Blümchen:

bb_benjamin_a_183.png

Lot of new gimmicks and effects for Super Mario Bros Wonder, one of the effects is Zelda inspired like the topdown wall effect.

ttps://youtu.be/krFz8Scwkkg?si=n-ypoG2p5Cvstf9o

The storing item system returns from Super Mario World, with a badge the crouching double jump returns from Super Mario USA.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Bros._Wonder

Yoshies and Nabbit can't transform, but they also take no damage. All of the Yoshies have the flutter jump. Yoshi can also ride Yoshi.