DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Like most Directs, something of a mixed bag. I'm tempted to get that Metal Gear collection though if just to play the actual Metal Gear 2 on something other than an emulator. And I never played Snake Eater.

Snake Eater might've been the high water mark of the series.  Interesting they're releasing Snake Eater in that collection while still doing a total remake of Snake Eater as well.  But that collections seems worth it if not for the the first 5 mainline games, but the NES Metal Gears as well.

I'm curious if the MSX games are true standalone ports, or if they're just the same emulated versions that were tied into Snake Eater's Substinence release.

For those of us that care about Metal Gear, but not about Nintendo: the release date for the Vol. 1 collection across all platforms is October 24th.

If it’s SteamDeck compatible, then oh boy. If not, it’ll be a PS5 purchase for me.

@Craig H they’re the HD remaster versions.

Whoops meant to tag @Raziel

Edited by Casey

Mario RPG remake + Mario Bros. Wonder = the best one of these Directs in a long time.

And there was a ton of other good stuff, too (Sonic Superstars, Vampire Survivors, Penny's Big Breakaway, Dark Moon port). We are truly blessed with video game riches this year considering all the other major releases that have happened and that will happen in the back half of 2023. 

• Like 1

I'm still not sure if this is Nintendo published but it's Goodfeel who've done a few projects for them.  Looking like Goemon spiritual sequel.  Looks like it might be Odyssey engine but this game has scant English info.  Don't know if it's tied to a license that'll keep it import-only.  Looks good.

• Like 2

Baldur's Gate 3 is being delayed.... and releasing early

The PC version is being moved up. From August 31 to August 3

The PS5 version however is being delayed a week (to Sept 6)

Larian Studios founder said it was basically to get ahead of everything else on PC instead of waiting for the console version to be ready and releasing both the same day

• Like 2

Digital Eclipse has partnered with Jordan Mechner to create an interactive documentary, The Making of Karateka. It sounds like an amazing package - video clips, design documents, three different original versions of the game, a dozen development builds, a remastered new version, Jordan's first two (unpublished) games, and all kinds of stuff. It sounds amazing. 

Info here:

https://www.jordanmechner.com/en/latest-news/#karateka-climbs-again

• Like 1

My leave has been approved.  I will be taking a staycation on Starfield release week.  My pre-order is already in so I should get the full five day early access.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

My leave has been approved.  I will be taking a staycation on Starfield release week.  My pre-order is already in so I should get the full five day early access.

Yeah, I have early release day through Labor Day off. Will hopefully be streaming too.

I'm so tempted to play it again. In all honesty it's the last ARPG I actually enjoyed, even if I've never even been in the neighbourhood of max level and I have minimal understanding of how to maximize a build. But it really is a game by ARPG freaks for ARPG freaks and I respect that very much.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Casey said:

They gotta focus on making more games in their underrepresented franchises, like Assassin’s Creed and Far Cry.

SHIFT ALL ENERGY TO THE MASSIVE ASSASSINS CREED AND PRINCE OF PERSIA GAMES THAT VERY FEW WANT

And, like, maybe a surprise Watch Dogs game.