DVDVR Message Board

Bad/Unknown/Unpopular Movies You'll Always Defend

RonL21

I'd love to know the character's thought process on trying to zipline over a giant monster.

RE: Last Boy Scout critically

The Last Boy Scout (1991)
44%

Average Rating: 5.3/10
Reviews Counted: 32
Fresh: 14 | Rotten: 18

Ghost Dog does not belong in this conversation, but neither does pages about Batman vs Spider-Man, so what do I know.

Batman vs Spider-Man is always on-topic.

And I don't just mean on the internet. Feel free to bring it up at symposia and funerals and whatnot.

• Like 1

Ghost Dog does not belong in this conversation, but neither does pages about Batman vs Spider-Man, so what do I know.

Batman vs Spider-Man is always on-topic.

And I don't just mean on the internet. Feel free to bring it up at symposia and funerals and whatnot.

So, better movie, this one or this one?

There's no way to answer that without being incriminating.

I'd love to know the character's thought process on trying to zipline over a giant monster.

RE: Last Boy Scout critically

The Last Boy Scout (1991)

44%

Average Rating: 5.3/10

Reviews Counted: 32

Fresh: 14 | Rotten: 18

Ain't life a bitch?

Man, I've talked up The Last Boy Scout on here a few times...    it's fucking awesome. The conversations between Willis and really anyone in the movie are pure greatness. The action is good too. Bruce Willis as a down on his luck drunken ass private detective with a fucked up family life is GOAT status.

People need to SEE THIS. Not shocked critics shit on it but whatever, it's awesome, please believe.

The Wild Geese isn't, technically, a good movie. I mean it is so bloated with stars, its pretty much like a British version of the Wild Bunch, you just take out the mercenary cowboys and replace them with British Commandos/Mercenaries and put the thing in Africa. It also might have the king of all downer endings. 

Speaking of overbloated with stars, Jackie Chan's worst American movie is like Citizen Kane compared to Island On Fire (which ironically re-enacts the end of The Wild Geese!)

James

Speaking of overbloated with stars, Jackie Chan's worst American movie is like Citizen Kane compared to Island On Fire

I dunno man, I agree that Island on Fire is bad, but The Spy Next Door (which I actually saw in the theatre) is pretty fucking awful. Billy Ray Cyrus and George Lopez were pretty much the shots that killed Jackie's US career.

That Mega Shark gif is a thing of beauty.

The guy says "Holy shit" but in my head, he is saying "What the shit" what makes it funnier to me for some reason.

I don't know if it is still popular or dated or anything, but Major Payne is easily the most quotable movie ever. If there were more characters like Major Benson Winifred Payne, more shit would get done.

Bottom line, we need more Bubba Hendershots and Major Paynes in this world.

• Like 4