DVDVR Message Board

Bad/Unknown/Unpopular Movies You'll Always Defend

RonL21

I'm glad to see some movies I love get defended here- Zoolander, Mallrats, Clueless, Airheads, Night at the Roxbury, Pootie Tang

My contribution to this thread- The Chase

You've got Kristy Swanson at her hottest, pre-Two & Half Men/meltdown Charlie Sheen, Henry Rollins as a cop ad-libbing his lines because what he came up with was better than what was written for him, Anthony Kiedis & Flea as redneck monster truckers, an awesome soundtrack that unfortunately was never released

• Like 2

Most of mine have already been mentioned:

Airborne - I absolutely love this movie, my best friend and I totally bonded over our shared love it when we met back in 98 and when it was finally available on DVD my wife got it for both of us for Christmas.

No Retreat No Surrender - I drove my Mom crazy with the amount of times I rented it from the video store.

The Last Dragon - So horrible, so good, so classic. 

And I have to say it, Joe fucking Dirt. Anytime it's on I have to watch it. My buddy and I went to Blockbuster in search of Airborne one night and of course they didn't have it, we saw a cardboard stand up of Spade as Dirt and said, we HAVE to see this. Fucking amazing, we quote it constantly. 

For the record, my favorite film is Magnolia and my favorite director is Paul Thomas Anderson. 

When October rolls around and you're in the mood for a watchably bad horror film, look no further.  It has a grown little man acting as a 12-year-old Oedpial disciple.   Mommy, this cloth smells of death.  The special effects are surprisingly good.It carries the BLR badge of approval.

burial-200x300.jpg