DVDVR Message Board

Ric Flair’s Last Match Post Show Discussion

3 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Do they have anything better to do?  Serious question.  I don’t remember hearing much about Metallica in the last seventeen years our so.

They just headlined Lollapalooza this past weekend.  They're doing alright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Log said:

I would imagine they have or had the second biggest song in the country in Master of Puppets, right behind Running Up That Hill.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Log said:

Lol,  you know my next question is going to be “they still hold Loolapalooza?”, right?  I am very much out of touch musically.  And college alternative/metal was never my thing even when I was in college.  

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Any links or info? 

Chappell: I would be interested in hearing about your work for Senator Helms.

Caudle: Well, I worked for him from 1980 until 1996. I retired in 1996. I was his legislative assistant. I tell you, I really enjoyed it. I worked at his main in-state office in Raleigh. We had other offices around the state and of course in Washington, and I would stay in touch with them as well. I did what we called Special Projects stuff…dealing with groups that were involved with certain issues…like the Corps of Engineers or Fish and Wildlife where there would be a lot of people involved in things like building dams. We got involved with a lot of highway construction initiatives. Really, it was everything though…any time a citizen had a concern we looked into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure there were plenty of "citizen concerns" that Helms liked to look into that did not involve the environment. At least, the natural one. 

But anyway yeah Stranger Things' new season made "Master of Puppets" blow up again. They're making money hand over fist like always.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Lol,  you know my next question is going to be “they still hold Loolapalooza?”, right?  I am very much out of touch musically.  And college alternative/metal was never my thing even when I was in college.  

Lollapalooza is one of the biggest music festivals in the world.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
12 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Ok, now I think you’re just putting me on….

It usually draws in the neighborhood of 350,000-400,000 people.

I did not add a zero to the end of those figures.

8 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

It usually draws in the neighborhood of 350,000-400,000 people.

I did not add a zero to the end of those figures.

I saw a clip of Metallica performing the other day, and it looked every bit of that.

10 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

What's the over/under on number of days before Ric and Conrad have a blowup over Ric's payout for the show?

If we're setting it at like a week, then I will take the over just because Ric probably took out a few advances. By this Sunday, he will probably end up owing Conrad money.

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Doesn't he host Jarretts podcast? 

Yep.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If we're setting it at like a week, then I will take the over just because Ric probably took out a few advances. By this Sunday, he will probably end up owing Conrad money.

He probably already committed to selling that big gold replica to 3-4 different people at the same time.

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Same doctor who loaded him up on percs before the match, I'm sure.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Well, if he does, at least Conrad will be able to help him reduce his monthly repayments.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3