DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Retires

So... does this mean that at the end of the day... Jeff Jarrett could be the one in control of creative for WWE?

Jeff fucking Jarrett?! The most interesting man in pro wrestling. Tell someone 20 years ago that Jarrett would potentially be in one of the drivers seats of the WWE in 2022 and they'd call you crazy. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The dream: Kevin Dunn leaves, Brock and the Part Time Parade fuck off, HHH steps in to creative and straps a rocket on Montez Ford

The reality: Nick Khan releases 40 more people and Omos is champ for 18 months

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Huh.  I wonder if he timed it for Friday after the markets closed so the stock wouldn't tank.

Probably.  Markets close at 4 PM Eastern Standard Time.  Vince’s tweet is time-stamped 4:05 and the official statement went out about that time.  They’re hoping the sell- off will be less reactionary on Monday and that the news cycle will have moved on to a fresher story.  I used to work on Wall Street.  We saw a lot of bad news dumped late Friday afternoon.

I’ll believe Vince is really out of creative when I see it, but that tweet doesn’t read like something Vince would ever say, so maybe this really is it.  

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

You have to imagine that people like Ciampa are pumping their fists right now. Maybe Bray comes back?

I think Bray was purely a money thing. Can't imagine that's changed.

This is really hammering home for me just how little I watch WWE anymore.

Oh, Brock walked out? Well, alright, he's a top guy. What show was he on? What was he doing? Would he have been doing something tonight? Beats me.

Summerslam is next weekend? Hmm, that's news to me.

Who'll replace Brock? Wow, um, sorry, remind me who's even on the roster?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

I can't keep up so this might have been posted already

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/read-vince-mcmahons-internal-letter-to-wwe-talent-announcing-retirement

That's the internal memo sent to the wrestlers

The talent doesn't know when Smackdown comes on? YOU'RE ON THE SHOW!

• Haha 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I for one wonder how many conspiracy theorists are going to proclaim that Vince is still running things and this is just some kind of publicity stunt, and for how long they will make such proclamations.

I honestly thought he'd die at the helm so to speak.

I wonder how hard Cody pushes for more creative control? He really could follow in his father's footsteps and become one of the more prominent bookers of our time.

2 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I for one wonder how many conspiracy theorists are going to proclaim that Vince is still running things and this is just some kind of publicity stunt, and for how long they will make such proclamations.

1) All of them.

2) Forever.

• Like 1