Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 4/6/2022


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Think I prefer #FTR vs. The Young Bucks II to #FTR vs. Briscoe Brothers. Think I prefer #FTR vs. The Young Bucks II to #FTR vs. The Young Bucks I also. You?

The Briscoe match was better.  It had more hate and intensity.  The Bucks match was great because of the story and FTR going over and the crowd.  Briscoe are specifically geared to have a great match against FTR, it seems.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FTR versus Young Bucks on my TV for free? thank you very much. What I enjoyed the most was towards the end the Bucks went into a next gear - nu mugging, just trying to win the the match.  I hope we see this again in less than 18 months. But I don't want the WWE were we see it every week or some variation over and over. It felt special, and was special. 

Intrigue if ReDragon gets the titles next week? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, my DVR recording conked out right after Eddie and the boys came out so not much to say. I did catch a good chunk of FTR/Bucks last night but Bucks still make me ill. Is spitting the new AEW thing after the middle finger and the use of "shit"? The Caster beatdown was fun and short, loved Bowens just running away to leave his partner to get hit by the truck that is Joe. Christian TV Match was a Christian TV Match. It did have a great counter to that stupid Panama Sunrise by just tossing Page up in the air. 

Friday is gonna be the rawness. 

Oh yeah and dude in the GEORGE CARLIN WAS RIGHT shirt gets highest marks

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Add that to AEW matches I want to see.

I was thinking about this morning as I rewatched the Briscoes match.  That would be awesome since Danielson/Moxley would be the greatest possible version of the Briscoes.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tables match structure was messy it seems. Why did they need to do eliminations? Wouldn't it have been much easier to follow if it was strictly just "The match ends when both members of a team have been put through a table by an offensive move"? No confusion on why guys are still out there and all that. I wasn't paying that much attention to the commentary during this one so I had assumed that was what the rules actually were. Didn't realize they made it all confusing until reading the replies here.

Or even simpler, could have just done 2/3 tables rules. First team that goes through 2 loses. Doesn't matter who or how. Oh well something to learn for the next time they run something like this.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Tables match structure was messy it seems. Why did they need to do eliminations? Wouldn't it have been much easier to follow if it was strictly just "The match ends when both members of a team have been put through a table by an offensive move"? No confusion on why guys are still out there and all that. I wasn't paying that much attention to the commentary during this one so I had assumed that was what the rules actually were. Didn't realize they made it all confusing until reading the replies here.

Or even simpler, could have just done 2/3 tables rules. First team that goes through 2 loses. Doesn't matter who or how. Oh well something to learn for the next time they run something like this.

It was a mess.  Schiavone definitely said Jeff was eliminated and Remsburg signaled for it was well.  What made that worse was the table kind of didn't really break.  Not the way we've come to expect, anyway.  Then Schiavone announced Butcher as being eliminated and made an issue of Butcher staying in the match.  But then it ended with an eliminated person (Jeff)  beat a non-eliminated person (Blade).  I think the rules changed at some point in the day and nobody clued in the announcers.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

It was a mess.  Schiavone definitely said Jeff was eliminated and Remsburg signaled for it was well.  What made that worse was the table kind of didn't really break.  Not the way we've come to expect, anyway.  Then Schiavone announced Butcher as being eliminated and made an issue of Butcher staying in the match.  But then it ended with an eliminated person (Jeff)  beat a non-eliminated person (Blade).  I think the rules changed at some point in the day and nobody clued in the announcers.

Well, I mean everyone knew that Jeff Hardy was going to finish the match with something insane.  It wasn't like Matt was going to take that bump.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Well, I mean everyone knew that Jeff Hardy was going to finish the match with something insane.  It wasn't like Matt was going to take that bump.

Speaking of bumps, can we talk about how Jeff just landed full-force on Blade's head with the swanton?  Because that had to really suck.

The suplex bump on the outside by Matt was also pretty gross.  The smack when he hit the ground made my own hips ache.

E: It's also wild to me that Jeff is still doing the jawbreaker and legdrop to the groin when both are just him landing straight on his busted-ass tailbone.  He even did the legdrop on the outside last night!

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Recommended listening for @just drew.

I eagerly await this review to see what there is to bitch about the Young Bucks in that match. Will it be their bodies? Lack of forearm definition? How Cash Wheeler is a beefed up big boy and could take both Jackson brothers on in a real fight at the same time????

EDIT: Ah, there it is.

Edited by Casey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A 44 year old dude jumping off a 10 ft ladder is wild & not advisable. They really shouldn't be indulging him like that. He's like 15 years older than Foley when Foley was doing that shit in the 90s. Stop.

FTR / BCC (change the name!) the money angle for the tag belts sometime soon. Stick the TV title on one half of FTR and bring into the feud, why not.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I eagerly await this review to see what there is to bitch about the Young Bucks in that match. Will it be their bodies? Lack of forearm definition? How Cash Wheeler is a beefed up big boy and could take both Jackson brothers on in a real fight at the same time????

EDIT: Ah, there it is.

I'm sorry I prefer the tiniest hint of realism in my wrestling. Watching guys saunter disjointedly from spot to spot because they have no idea how to sell isn't my cup of tea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blackpool Combat Club sounds like a name you give a generic Create-a-Stable on a '90s videogame. Whoever came up with that to cover two of the biggest WWE/AEW draws of the past 5-10 years needs to be referred to the Cody Rhodes Focus Group testers.

Edited by A_K
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, A_K said:

Blackpool Combat Club sounds like a name you give a generic Create-a-Stable on a '90s videogame. Whoever came up with that to cover two of the biggest WWE/AEW draws of the past 5-10 years needs to be referred to the Cody Rhodes Focus Group testers.

I think it speaks volumes that Regal NEVER seems to use that name when referring to the group. I think it's funny that you have WWE who are ABSOLUTELY opposed to creating stables/naming stables until the last possible minutes vs. AEW: "These two guys teamed once...give them a name!" Not saying one or the other is right/wrong, but it's just funny.

In the same vein, I also enjoyed Danielson outright laughing at Moxley's corny "raining blood!" promo.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, caley said:

I think it speaks volumes that Regal NEVER seems to use that name when referring to the group. I think it's funny that you have WWE who are ABSOLUTELY opposed to creating stables/naming stables until the last possible minutes vs. AEW: "These two guys teamed once...give them a name!" Not saying one or the other is right/wrong, but it's just funny.

In the same vein, I also enjoyed Danielson outright laughing at Moxley's corny "raining blood!" promo.

Yeah, he'll know how cringe it sounds. AEW had so much cringe through their first 6-12 months that they've almost entirely managed to shed (ring gear, music, entrance presentations etc. all were immeasurably improved in '21/'22). Still can be in their wheelhouse at times though. They just need to be careful they dont bungle the Mox/Danielson angle with corny/cringeiness as it could be an all time great pairing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...