Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/29/2021


Gordberg
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

This is an interesting idea, but I think Cody prefers to keep his stories more Reality-based. 

Okay, so Arn rejects Cody's literal interpretation of last night's promo and Cody is left asking why not me like Will in Fresh Prince, giving Cody his Emmy nomination. 

elf3.jpg?w=616

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, I was in my wrestling should be offensive and racist frame of mind and thinking that Matt should channel Skandar Akbar and come to the ring dressed in a sheik's keffiyeh and bring a riding crop to the ring since his stable is so Devastation Inc; the heel island of misfit toys.

 

Contra Unit is the modern day Devastation Inc.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, alstein said:

Contra Unit is the modern day Devastation Inc.

Eh.  Devastation Inc had guys like Hollywood John Tatum, Al Perez, Black Bart, Butch Reed and Gorgeous Garry Young.   CONTRA feels like more of an international stable than D-Inc did. 

When it came to the territories, Gary Hart was the diabolical genius with worldwide connections. I feel that Akbar was more of the evil and wealthy foreigner heel manager that bought American / Western Hemisphere mercs than he was a manager that scoured the globe for evil, with Kamala and Abdullah the Butcher being the glaring kayfabe exceptions.  Devastation Inc feels like it had more in common with HFO, IMO.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

I think everyone is missing LBO Lio and what he’s about. He’s not a stonk bro who put it all on GameStop ($GSE).

He is a high finance corporate raider looting out the remnants of a steel company or laying off the staff of once prestigious regional newspapers. He had a Goldman Sachs partnership track that we probably did not know about when he was on the Maryland indie scene.

Man I really want to write his promos and have him talking about how he securitizes his debt and sells it off to Credit Suisse or things like that. I want as much arcane finance stuff as possible. I want him to announce he laid off Trent Berrerta’s mom from the stationary store she works for because he bought out their holding company and is closing all the stores just because he can.


I may be the only person in that target audience but god damn it give it to me!

A heel announcing that his opponents family was now unemployed because he’d laid them all off or closed there business down to make profits in stock or whatever would be unique and a pretty great way to get some heat.

Basically basing a character off of Paul Singer. It’s a billionaire and much more evil version of the million dollar man.

Not sure they intend on going down that route but it’d be fascinating if they did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bryan said:

A heel announcing that his opponents family was now unemployed because he’d laid them all off or closed there business down to make profits in stock or whatever would be unique and a pretty great way to get some heat.

Basically basing a character off of Paul Singer. It’s a billionaire and much more evil version of the million dollar man.

Not sure they intend on going down that route but it’d be fascinating if they did.

Just as long as we don't get Big Show crying, then I'm ok with this.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Bryan said:

A heel announcing that his opponents family was now unemployed because he’d laid them all off or closed there business down to make profits in stock or whatever would be unique and a pretty great way to get some heat.

Basically basing a character off of Paul Singer. It’s a billionaire and much more evil version of the million dollar man.

Not sure they intend on going down that route but it’d be fascinating if they did.

b05d88a7-regular.webp

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Eh.  Devastation Inc had guys like Hollywood John Tatum, Al Perez, Black Bart, Butch Reed and Gorgeous Garry Young.   CONTRA feels like more of an international stable than D-Inc did. 

When it came to the territories, Gary Hart was the diabolical genius with worldwide connections. I feel that Akbar was more of the evil and wealthy foreigner heel manager that bought American / Western Hemisphere mercs than he was a manager that scoured the globe for evil, with Kamala and Abdullah the Butcher being the glaring kayfabe exceptions.  Devastation Inc feels like it had more in common with HFO, IMO.

 

I felt Salina was supposed to be the Gary Hart expy.  Gary Hart wanted championships more than violence and destruction, though if that was needed he'd get somebody.  I got to talk to her once (left with a good impression of her, she was really nice to the little girls who came near her)- and she admitted it.  She was pleased someone got it.

 

Also Al Perez was Gary Hart both in WCCW and Crockett.

 

Edited by alstein
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, alstein said:

I felt Salina was supposed to be the Gary Hart expy.  Gary Hart wanted championships more than violence and destruction, though if that was needed he'd get somebody.  I got to talk to her once (left with a good impression of her, she was really nice to the little girls who came near her)- and she admitted it.  She was pleased someone got it.

Also Al Perez was Gary Hart both in WCCW and Crockett.

Yeah, I misremembered it, regretted it, and left it like it was without edits.   Sometimes my memory is good and sometimes it is the hazy rambling of an old man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Wait, for real? That Snowden?

Edit: my bad… this is the way of the blade guest.

Evilclown, former DVDVR board troll turned MMA writer. And apparently, meme thief.

nb: Posting "Who did this?"  means they saw the meme, and rather than rt'ing and signal boosting the creator, they screenshotted and reposted it, to deny publicity to whoever made it. It's generally considered bad form.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hikaru Shida vs Serena Deeb being announced for next week is a guaranteed must watch for me. Give them as much time as possible please.

I like what appears to be the genesis of a women's tag team division. The matching gear from both teams, TayJay getting a team theme, that's all trending positive for me. The match was fun as heck too!

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Hikaru Shida vs Serena Deeb being announced for next week is a guaranteed must watch for me. Give them as much time as possible please.

I like what appears to be the genesis of a women's tag team division. The matching gear from both teams, TayJay getting a team theme, that's all trending positive for me. The match was fun as heck too!

Hopefully, the first champs will be Ryo Mizunami and Leyla Hirsch.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I need a gif or clip of Miro's over the corner bump to the floor and Sammie's dive on to him after it.


CFEE7523-6-CC8-4-F07-BF30-F5-A83-F13-EC2

Both guys making it seem so easy 

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adam Cole vs. Jungle Boy was a lot of fun. When Jungle Boy was kicking out of everything, I kind of wanted him to pull it out, but Cole could only get the win after cheating, so it did protect Jungle Boy a little bit. But that was basically a PPV quality match on free TV.

Punk seems really happy to be there these days and seems to be genuinely having a good time. I hope that's able to continue for him and not just a honeymoon period.

 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...