DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 10

RIPPA

I know this is semi delusional, but the Bills have a decent shot at finishing 8-8. The remaining non-division games are Pitt, Atl, TB and the Jagoffs. 3-1 in those games gets them to 6-7, then go 2-1 vs Miami, the Jets and Pats. Not the greatest chance, I 'll grant but they've kept most games close, and EJ can maybe inspire a mini-run. Now watch them finish 5-11. . . .

They'll beat the Jags and Bucs with one game being fairly easy while having to eek out a win in the other. I give them 2 more wins tops to settle into the 5-7 range they're in almost every year. They will lose one or two of their remaining games in heart-breaking, inexplicable, "because Buffalo" fashion.

Many are reporting three weeks for Rodgers, but that hasn't been confirmed. That could have been a hell of a lot worse assuming that holds up. Those kind of injuries can be anywhere from like 2 weeks in a sling to 4-6 months depending on all sorts of things.

I can tell you from personal experience that Rodgers would be lucky if he was ready in 3 weeks. I broke my collarbone playing football when I was 15 and it hurt like a bitch just to walk, nevermind the actual broken collarbone. You never realize how much pressure you put on your body just by walking until you actually break a bone in the upper extremity.

Wade Phillips is officially the interim head coach of the Texans. Not much of a surprise but this is about the only way (as an interim that is didn't expect a coach to have to leave due to medical reasons) I could have seen him head coaching again after Dallas, where he didn't do a terrible job but got raked over the coals all the time because the media loves Dallas so much.

So which Interim coach would you rather have Phillips or Del Rio?

Oh, my.  Dolfan has pulled the spider card.  Hide your kids, hide your wife. 

How amazing is it that Jacksonsville is the best-run NFL in Florida right now?  They're just a bad team and outside of Blackmon throwing away his life, they're a pretty calm group.  No crazy coaches, MRSA, harrassment, or honorary black men anywhere!

Folks were wondering if Tampa Bay was going to get a win this season

If they do - it's gonna happen this weekend.

Home game against the Dolphins

According to Wilbon on PTI yesterday both the bucs and Jagoffs will have three wins a piece by the end of the year. . . they need to keep him from drinking before the show. . .

Jake Utler is expected to start on Sunday. Asked for comment, Ndamukong Suh did nothing but laugh and then caress his necklace made of Cutler's teeth.

According to Wilbon on PTI yesterday both the bucs and Jagoffs will have three wins a piece by the end of the year. . . they need to keep him from drinking before the show. . .

I can see the Bucs getting 3 wins before the year is out. Yeah, Schiano is a doofus but they haven't exactly been getting blown out. They've lost four games by 3, 3, 2, and 1 point. They aren't a good team but they aren't the Jags, who are an absolute dumpster fire.

Besides, with Schiano's uncanny ability to fuck up, who doesn't see them going on a modest 3 game winning streak to fuck up their chances of drafting Clowney?

First "Is your mother a prostitute?" and now this mess.Dolphins snatching headlines for everything but winning.

Miami Hurricanes' scandals > Miami Dolphins scandals

DEL RIOoooooooooo

Sorry.  I just can't look at Coach Del Rio without Alberto's WWE theme popping into my head.  Song is catchy.

I can see the Bucs getting 3 wins before the year is out. Yeah, Schiano is a doofus but they haven't exactly been getting blown out. They've lost four games by 3, 3, 2, and 1 point. They aren't a good team but they aren't the Jags, who are an absolute dumpster fire.

Besides, with Schiano's uncanny ability to fuck up, who doesn't see them going on a modest 3 game winning streak to fuck up their chances of drafting Clowney?

The bucs are possible, but I have a hard time seeing the Jagoffs winning that many. . . .

Wade Phillips is officially the interim head coach of the Texans. Not much of a surprise but this is about the only way (as an interim that is didn't expect a coach to have to leave due to medical reasons) I could have seen him head coaching again after Dallas, where he didn't do a terrible job but got raked over the coals all the time because the media loves Dallas so much.

He ain't coming back to Dallas.

Posted Image

Picture: Countdown of aloof, dim-witted head coach (right) being fired by self-righteous, attention-hogging owner/GM (middle) and losing job to his below average offensive coordinator (left) after beyond humiliating playoff loss begins.

Something tells me...

Posted Image

Josh McCown should be ready to jump in at a moment's notice.

Something tells me...

Posted Image

Josh McCown should be ready to jump in at a moment's notice.

Is it Josh? I've josh and Cade Mcown mentioned. . .Yeah I think Cutler might get a Viking(no pun intended) funeral on Sunday. . .

Christian Ponder

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 1