DVDVR Message Board

MGFanJay

The trick is to pick something that you can argue, and then make up stuff to support it.

Well if you figure out how to argue this better, let me know, cuz you're still on "They cheered the next night"

My best work was when I trolled ENO on some TNA episode that I didn't watch. I just used Jay's interminable recap to back it up.

Bah. Trolling TNA fans (or anti-fans who find the need to discuss TNA) is like trolling on conservapedia. Yeah you can do it, but why bother? That water ain't getting any wetter.

Titus has received zero push at all and yet when he's in the ring..  MOTHERFUCKERS BARK.

Do I think he'll ever be world champion? no. Do I think he's got a little something that people like? yes.

It's a dog bark. Of course fans are going to bark back. If Curt Hawkins started barking fans would bark back too. Should they do anything with Hawkins if that happened? No.

When have I ever been wrong? 

Daniel Bryan will bomb as the top face.

CM Punk will be the 2nd biggest star in the company.

CM Punk, and Brock Lesnar will have the best match of the night at Summer Slam, but most of the posters here will pretend that Daniel Bryan, and John Cena had it.

All things that did happened, and all things I predicted.

When have I ever been wrong? 

Here:

CM Punk, and Brock Lesnar will have the best match of the night at Summer Slam, but most of the posters here will pretend that Daniel Bryan, and John Cena had it.

I'm a big fan of both matches but Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena was the best match at SummerSlam 2013. Felt that way on the night and on a repeat viewing.

was punk/lesner that good?  is it on youtube?  I remember it being good and entertaining, but it was easily overshadowed by the bryan/cena match (admittedly a bryan and punk mark).

I didn't find it terribly enthralling, but I've been like that for Punk's entire run as a babyface this year.

'Cause Punk as a babyface is shart. He's so disingenuous doing his babyface routine. He's a prick and excels at being a prickish heel, so let him play to his natural strength. His smark fans will love him either way.

• Like 1

Punk/Lesnar is the best match of at least the past five years. I guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Taker vs. Triple H at Mania 27 and Cena/Lesnar are both significantly better to the point where I honestly can't follow that viewpoint.Which is not to say Punk/Lesnar wasn't extremely good. Scond best match on one of the best shows ever is nothing to be ashamed of.
  • Like 1

The feeling in WWE is that Daniel Bryan simply isn't a "larger than life" character fans are ultimately looking for, and that his best position is in the mid-card having great matches.

I know it's not a popular opinion to have on-line but this is pretty much exactly how I feel. If Rick Rude wasn't good enough to be on top, then I don't see it in Daniel Bryan. I don't care how many people in the crowd chant "Yes!"

I loved Mr. Perfect. He did fine in the midcard. Is it really some big catastrophe if Daniel Bryan isn't WWE Champion & carrying the banner of the company? Ricky Steamboat was never WWE Champion. Jake Roberts wasn't either. Different times, different eras, I know...but there's a lot more to it than just workrate.

I mean, compared to like The Miz? Yeah, Daniel Bryan would be a good fit.

Daniel Bryan is a helluva worker. No one when they were watching him back in Ring of Honor in 2005ish thought that one day he'd be in the main event of a WWE Summerslam, wrestling for the WWE title in a Hell in a Cell match that featured both Shawn Michaels & Triple H. That's insane. Now people are complaining that he's not the top dog in the biggest wrestling company in the world when he's like 5'7", 180lbs? C'mon, man. He's more famous that he has ever been, he's making bank & he marrying a Bella twin. He's doing pretty fucking OK.

How you figure? If Rude resurfaces relatively healthy any time during the period where babyface Hart and HBK were on top OR The Attitude Era, the only way he doesn't get a run on top is if Vince held some petty childish grudge against him. As it was, he was doomed to be there in his physical prime during the Super Hero era where nobody was good enough to go over Hogan or Warrior.

The only way Rude wouldn't have been as good (well, hate-able anyways) as a sleazebag douche champion as HBK is only because there had to be tons of fans that already resented and downright hated puny male stripper HBK as the face champion and when he made the natural transition to DX douchebag it worked perfectly. Rude, on the other hand, had all the makings of a guy that would've been a too cool not to cheer for 'tweener that suddenly became en vogue during that era.

But we all definitely lost out on a lot of great feuds by Rude's in-ring career going kaput before he had a chance to resurface in the WWE as an active wrestler anytime during the mid-to-late 90's.