DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

I thought it was funny that apparently Part of Foxx coming back was that he wasn’t going to be blue this time. 

wonder how often those kind of deals have to be struck. They had to cut down Lawrence’s time as blue Mystique to get her to come back for one of the movies, right? 

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Feige is apparently going all in that the Fox movies exist in the multiverse, which is fine. I think it would be a mistake to lean too hard into that though. I've said it before but the idea of the multiverse being that anything is possible and everything counts and anything could happen... it sort of makes what does happen mean less. Leaning too hard on the Fox X-Men movies, for instance, would be lazy and could fill some short term goals, but it'd ultimately blur lines and confuse things and stunt the long term growth of the potential storytelling.

For the movies, I’ll be surprised if this is anything other than acknowledging this is a separate universe in the multiverse, maybe a cameo in something like Dr. Strange 2, or at most, Deadpool being transplanted to the MCU. I’d be really surprised if they rely on the Fox movies for new MCU content.

As for Disney+, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Fox universe show up in What If?

• Like 1

If you believe the rumors we're getting

Spoiler

Patrick Stewart's Professor X

in Dr Strange 2, which is just about the level of Fox involvement I want.

I've been rewatching the MCU in timeline order because why not?  I'm up to Civil War and you know what?  The fight when Bucky gets re-Winter Soldiered and is escaping from the building is better than the the airport fight.  Big fan of everybody fighting without their suits and gadgets.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

If you believe the rumors we're getting

Reveal hidden contents

Patrick Stewart's Professor X

in Dr Strange 2, which is just about the level of Fox involvement I want.

I've been rewatching the MCU in timeline order because why not?  I'm up to Civil War and you know what?  The fight when Bucky gets re-Winter Soldiered and is escaping from the building is better than the the airport fight.  Big fan of everybody fighting without their suits and gadgets.

Actually, that spoiler tag is supposed to be:

Spoiler

Patrick Stewart as Professor X… from the X-Men Animated Series.

• Haha 1

Early Christmas present, first poster for Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)...

FGVUm6lVIAE5dQu?format=jpg&name=900x900

2022 is loaded for comic book movies with The Batman, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Part One and Thor: Love and Thunder the three I'm most looking forward to.

16 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Wonder if the "a Kevin Feige production" card from Hawkeye is making the jump to the movies. Between that and the "a film by Destin Daniel Cretton/Chloe Zhao" cards, Marvel's been changing up their 

Of course, they don't actually credit the actual creators who inspired the series, especially in this case with David aja. 

• Like 1

9 year old watched Amazing Spider-Man last night since we had to use some digital reward points. She liked it more than Spider-Man because she liked Gwen more than Mary Jane. That said, if there was a Stinger at the end of No Way Home where they cut to Tobey - Dunst in their 40s and introduce Mayday as Spider-Girl, that would be her favorite thing in the world. Just saying.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

9 year old watched Amazing Spider-Man last night since we had to use some digital reward points. She liked it more than Spider-Man because she liked Gwen more than Mary Jane. That said, if there was a Stinger at the end of No Way Home where they cut to Tobey - Dunst in their 40s and introduce Mayday as Spider-Girl, that would be her favorite thing in the world. Just saying.

I'm going to be so sad and/or annoyed now when this doesn't happen. 

• Thanks 1

I'm sort of curious how the new wave is going to affect box office. Just from the outside in, there's a real sense of New York City absolutely freaking out over the last couple of days. I know my 4 year old is virtual this week because there was an outbreak in and around her class (tested negative yesterday). While movie theaters have traditionally not been big vectors for spreading, omicron seems like a different story potentially. I know I wish that I could just pay 30 bucks and watch it at home, but I feel that way about every movie now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Staying out of the Spider-Man Thread for now, but I picked up a ticket to see it tomorrow afternoon.  It seems to be getting good reviews based solely on the headlines of the articles I’ve been purposefully avoiding.  

Touch wood I'm hoping to see Spider-Man: No Way Home this Sunday. Film's getting great reviews. Seems to have turned out better than I thought as there's a lot to cover.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'm sort of curious how the new wave is going to affect box office. Just from the outside in, there's a real sense of New York City absolutely freaking out over the last couple of days. I know my 4 year old is virtual this week because there was an outbreak in and around her class (tested negative yesterday). While movie theaters have traditionally not been big vectors for spreading, omicron seems like a different story potentially. I know I wish that I could just pay 30 bucks and watch it at home, but I feel that way about every movie now.

Glad I made it to the movies a couple times  before they close again. 

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

This is the first time I’ll be going to the movies since seeing Frozen 2 just after Thanksgiving 2019. My county is under a mask mandate that is mostly followed, and my seat is a solo seat on a side aisle in a small theater, so fingers crossed.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:48 AM, Matt D said:

I'm sort of curious how the new wave is going to affect box office. 

Barely at all?  No Way Home is expected to take in $253 million this weekend (in the US).  Third highest US opening in history.  I think the prediction going into the weekend was $190-$200 million.

Overseas ticket sales add up to about $330 million.  Just barely going to miss $600 mil worldwide.