DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

13 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

The specific one you're referring to is absolutely no shocker, but the one getting less attention has me pretty fucking stoked...

Reveal hidden contents

Charlie Cox back as Matt Murdock is truly thrilling, especially since that means we'll almost definitely get D'Onofrio back as Wilson Fisk!

Had to use this GIF:

Spoiler

fcdcb92962e5a736ccccd5923938d39e.gif

• Like 3

So I guess I’m the only one who thinks those Spider-Man pictures are obvious fakes?

I think Tobey and Andrew are in this, but I still think people hoping for the other guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. It doesn’t really make sense.

6 hours ago, EVA said:

So I guess I’m the only one who thinks those Spider-Man pictures are obvious fakes?

I think Tobey and Andrew are in this, but I still think people hoping for the other guy are setting themselves up for disappointment. It doesn’t really make sense.

What other guy?

I mean, we all know Nicholas Hammond is definitely in this as the 70s Spider-Man, so...

11 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

We're obviously all thinking about Mulaney returning as Spider-Ham. 

Is this a spoiler tag thread? So hard to keep track. 

Yeah, I'll deal with this as soon as the new trailer comes out today. 

On 11/15/2021 at 12:57 PM, EVA said:

Spoiler

I mean seeing as how the last movie ended in a way that would put Peter in potential legal trouble it sort of makes all the sense in the world

That said, I'm pretty much in the I'll believe it when I see camp.

On 11/12/2021 at 7:04 AM, RIPPA said:

Because he isn't stupid - Henry Cavill said he would absolutely be interested in acting in the MCU

If they do a flick with Captain Britain, they oughtta cast Anya Taylor-Joy as Meggan.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I mean seeing as how the last movie ended in a way that would put Peter in potential legal trouble it sort of makes all the sense in the world

That said, I'm pretty much in the I'll believe it when I see camp.

Except that...

Spoiler

MCU Spider-Man is heavily enmeshed with Stark Industries. If he was in any kind of legal trouble, they would have him rolling deep with the best legal team money could buy. He wouldn’t be needing the services of essentially an indigent defense lawyer.

I haven’t seen Eternals yet, but some of the reviews I’ve read have mentioned the cast size, and it got me wondering about how they’ll introduce the X-Men. Will it be related to the multiverse or the snap and all of a sudden there are all these mutants around and the movies pick and choose which ones get featured in a massive cast? Or do they start small with an original 5 and flesh out from there?

I don’t think they’ll go this route, but I think I would seriously consider going the early Arrowverse route and have the MCU and X-Men worlds be two separate universes, a la Arrow/Flash and Supergirl prior to Crisis.  It cuts out the baggage of “where have you been all this time” or merging multiverses and figuring out what happened when, but the TVA establishes that multiversal travel is possible so you can do the big crossover event movie every few years.

I think you can get overly defensive the other way.

Peter Parker's fine. Norman Osborne's fine. Gwen Stacy. Mary Jane Watson. Cain Marko. Curt Conners. Adrian Toomes. Even some things where the alliteration gets a little out of control like J. Jonah Jameson. They're all ok.

Giving a guy named Otto Octavius some grief feels like a fairly natural reaction.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Matt D said:

Giving a guy named Otto Octavius some grief feels like a fairly natural reaction.

If it's a guy you just met, maybe... though you're still being a massive dick for making fun of someone's name. 

It's an odd thing to do if, like I'd imagine the movie will play out, they do it after a fight where he's come close to killing them on multiple occasions.  Octavius is a dangerous, brilliant psychopath.  So while Spidey might be able to get away with it, the other two teenage dorks are really likely to get killed now, specifically because... once again, they've been massive dicks. 

--

And to answer @Technico Support, the name that comes to mind instantly is Mr. Fantastic, Reed Richards.   As in "bend like a ..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2