Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

Noam Dar vs Alexander Wolfe on NXT-UK was a very good match. But nobody watches NXT-UK, so I'll mention it here so you'll all at least be aware of a good match you'll never intentionally watch.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AxB said:

Noam Dar vs Alexander Wolfe on NXT-UK was a very good match. But nobody watches NXT-UK, so I'll mention it here so you'll all at least be aware of a good match you'll never intentionally watch.

I actually like NXT UK. I'm just far behind. I at least want to catch Walter/Mastiff & Toni/KLR from before COVID before I start the recent episodes. Dar has been great on NXT UK. He has improved so damn much all around since the CWC. Wolfe also shows a lot more more than he did in NXT.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as WWE taking over everyone's Twitch goes, I was watching the latest Critical Botch (Brandon Cutler DMing a game of Dungeons & Dragons, with Orange Cassidy, Chuck Taylor, Trent?, Leva Bates and Peter Avalon) and Cutler mentioned that Austin Creed had raided their stream (meaning Creed's viewers were watching Cutler's stream). If that happened again in 4 weeks time, when WWE owned Creed's twitch channel, what would the consequences of that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Wow that sucks. He is so damn good and was involved in the first Hoodmark Lucha Libre match. 

When they started bringing in this local crew, he worked double duty a few times without the mask. He’s not a very young man judging by his looks. 

I’m happy for these guys. Some diamonds in the rough, as well as a restructuring Dark into a proper B-Show.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
Link to post
Share on other sites

More CFO themes will be replaced...not sure how many are left.  Both Def Rebel and WWE makes all the new themes now


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE doing everything they can to fuck over talent, change/eliminate stuff people like, and double down on "brand over everything else" at a time both when fans are growing restless with their stale output AND a rising, legitimate competitor is gaining traction? Is there anything MORE simultaneously predictable and surprising? 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

When they started bringing in this local crew, he worked double duty a few times without the mask. He’s not a very young man judging by his looks. 

I’m happy for these guys. Some diamonds in the rough, as well as a restructuring Dark into a proper B-Show.

Oh I know he wasn't as young as I figured. Plus him getting a major injury in the previously mentioned Hoodmark match might have added to him retiring.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It really tells you how bankrupt the WWE is on ideas that Roman Reigns vs Jey Uso is happening again on the next PPV.   There was absolutely nothing at the Clash that made you think that Jey deserves a rematch.  Not only was he physically destroyed but mentally as well.  I guess Jimmy is still out  because Reigns vs Jimmy Uso makes sense

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hammerva said:

It really tells you how bankrupt the WWE is on ideas that Roman Reigns vs Jey Uso is happening again on the next PPV.   There was absolutely nothing at the Clash that made you think that Jey deserves a rematch.  Not only was he physically destroyed but mentally as well.  I guess Jimmy is still out  because Reigns vs Jimmy Uso makes sense

Uhm, no he wasn't. That was kind of point. He never broke. Jimmy had to throw in the towel to end the match. Jey getting another match isn't about deserving one. Its about Roman's ego.

And Jimmy definitely isn't ready. He was limping to the ring at Clash.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I was browsing around Amazon Prime video and noticed that they’ve added a documentary about Sweet Daddy Siki.

Haven’t watched it yet, but I thought it might be of interest to some folks around these parts...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2020 at 3:51 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

When they started bringing in this local crew, he worked double duty a few times without the mask. He’s not a very young man judging by his looks. 

I’m happy for these guys. Some diamonds in the rough, as well as a restructuring Dark into a proper B-Show.

I forget the name, but was he the guy with the grey goatee?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they have long-term plans for Jey as a singles wrestler.  Jey getting destroyed again at Hell in a Cell (or making a better showing but still losing, though that seems a little implausible given how thoroughly dominated him), then building himself up and being a surprise Rumble winner wouldn't be a bad storyline.  I kinda doubt they're penciling in Jey-Roman for WM, but who knows?  I don't think Roman-Rock is happening next year.

Of course, it could also be that the company is really as short on ideas as we think they are and Vince decided Jey-Roman II was easier than trying to come up with a new idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I wonder if they have long-term plans for Jey as a singles wrestler.  Jey getting destroyed again at Hell in a Cell (or making a better showing but still losing, though that seems a little implausible given how thoroughly dominated him), then building himself up and being a surprise Rumble winner wouldn't be a bad storyline.  I kinda doubt they're penciling in Jey-Roman for WM, but who knows?  I don't think Roman-Rock is happening next year.

Of course, it could also be that the company is really as short on ideas as we think they are and Vince decided Jey-Roman II was easier than trying to come up with a new idea.

I'm not sure there are serious plans for Jey as a singles wrestler. While this story has been a big boon for him the Usos have always maintained on being focused on being a great tag team. Unless something has changed I assume that is still their goal once Jimmy is healthy. This story has been very much about Roman and the change he has had as a character.

As for what they could have done aside from Jey/Roman II. They could have done Roman/Otis, Roman/E, Roman/Jeff. All of those feel like matches that should probably happen on a non-HITC ppv with a little more build as well. We also have no idea how the draft may change things up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Which Uso has the DUI history? 

Both, I believe. 

Jimmy's is worse.

Edited by PetrolCB
Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see Roman v Jey pt 2 making sense from the angle of Roman wanting to run it back. Jey never submitted to Roman. He never called him the Tribal Chief tm

Roman is gonna give him 'another shot' because he wants to break Jey, not physically, mentally.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Admitted rapist makes non-apology here:

Don't read the replies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I forget the name, but was he the guy with the grey goatee?

Bret has said that Sweet Daddy Siki was one of his early inspirations. SDS would come through the Stampede territory and Bret was a huge fan of his gimmick when he was a kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went down a youtube rabbit hole. Found an Ernie Ladd vs. Gorilla Monsoon match that features Gorilla playing the sympathetic face and fighting from underneath. Did a great job of it too!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...