DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10-28-13

MGFanJay

Harper's also a REALLY good catcher for the flippy-do types they have. You saw it when he worked Kofi a few weeks back.

Say what you want about Chikara, but if you're a big dude there you HAVE to work as a base since 95% of the roster is comprised of smaller dudes in alien costumes who can flip. Cesaro's an amazing base, too.

• Like 1

Harper at least looks coordinated which is far more than I can say for Rowan. I liken it to offensive lineman or a center in basketball. You can't just put any big fat guy or giant out there on the field/court/wrestling ring. They have to have some sort of coordination/athleticism or you get Giant Gonzalez.

Harper's also a REALLY good catcher for the flippy-do types they have. You saw it when he worked Kofi a few weeks back.

Say what you want about Chikara, but if you're a big dude there you HAVE to work as a base since 95% of the roster is comprised of smaller dudes in alien costumes who can flip. Cesaro's an amazing base, too.

Can we refer to "catchers" as Power Bottoms from now on?

• Like 7

They haven't really explained it but they made mention on NXT that Rowan came straight from an insane asylum to the Wyatt Family. I think he's perfectly fine looking because he looks like someone with paranoid delusions fighting a diner waitress -- super off-balance and delusional.

I will forever defend any and all things with The Wyatt Family.Mind you, my other two favorite wrestling personas/storylines ever was the Eddie vs. Rey "Custody of Dominic" ladder match and The Nexus.

So, while I totally can buy that the story called for shifting Cena to the World Title to keep him out of the "Face of WWE/WWE Title" picture, if Trip is pulling the Wyatt's strings, why the hell did he unleash them on Punk, who Cena has pimped up as being the only current guy (pre-Bryan loss) that can go toe to toe with him.  And Punk just obliterated Ryback back to back nights.  Why the hell would you take him out of his Vacuum and give Bryan more high-powered backup?

Because Punk's done with Heyman. And who else wants to rage against the machine more? Strike him while you can with your new goons since you realize everyone's catching up with The Shield.Man, I really want to see The Wyatts vs. The Shield. If that match ends The Shield as we've come to know and love them, I'm fine with it because it will be completely bonkers.

We haven't talked at all about Reigns' DOUBLE SPEAR last night. That six-man was superb. I know, shocking.

So, while I totally can buy that the story called for shifting Cena to the World Title to keep him out of the "Face of WWE/WWE Title" picture, if Trip is pulling the Wyatt's strings, why the hell did he unleash them on Punk, who Cena has pimped up as being the only current guy (pre-Bryan loss) that can go toe to toe with him.  And Punk just obliterated Ryback back to back nights.  Why the hell would you take him out of his Vacuum and give Bryan more high-powered backup?

The Wyatts aren't being controlled by HHH.  AJ is banging all of them and using the power of her Latina vagina to get them to destroy her former love interests in another round of revenge, served cold this time.  The Wyatts will beat down Cena sometime in the future.  Dolph may escape them if he can get pushed down to the point he gets to hide out on Main Event.

• Like 1

Dolph may escape them if he can get pushed down to the point he gets to hide out on Main Event.

Reminds me... Remember when Dolph started the face run, and his gimmick was being the best at running away?

Make Dolph the centerpiece of a re-instated 24/7 Hardcore division.

Harper at least looks coordinated which is far more than I can say for Rowan. I liken it to offensive lineman or a center in basketball. You can't just put any big fat guy or giant out there on the field/court/wrestling ring. They have to have some sort of coordination/athleticism or you get Giant Gonzalez.

Honestly, the lack of coordination works for the gimmick. You don't want a wildebeest like Rowan looking smooth and fluid, you want him wrecking dudes and looking completely out of control.

• Like 2

Honestly, the lack of coordination works for the gimmick. You don't want a wildebeest like Rowan looking smooth and fluid, you want him wrecking dudes and looking completely out of control.

Would people be complaining about Harper and Rowan if they were allowed to have bloody brawls?

Would people be complaining about Harper and Rowan if they were allowed to have bloody brawls?

Probably. I understand that a large portion of this board really likes the Wyatts but they are fast forward material to me. There gimmick is cartoony and Rowans offense takes me out of the matches.

If they still tripped over their own feet when trying to walk, then yes.

New sig, when I get home.

I have to say I'm surprised to see people here taking the implied end of The Shield in stride. I half expected to see villagers with torches and pitchforks storming the castle.

Well, there should be a slow build to it. I'm surprised the announcers even picked up on Ambrose's line and Reigns' reaction (which was wonderfully subtle).

I have to say I'm surprised to see people here taking the implied end of The Shield in stride. I half expected to see villagers with torches and pitchforks storming the castle.

Well, there should be a slow build to it. I'm surprised the announcers even picked up on Ambrose's line and Reigns' reaction (which was wonderfully subtle).

Exactly, and this should be the last we hear about it for a couple of weeks.  Then let it cool again, lather, rinse, repeat... let the break up happen at the Rumble or, ideally, WM30.  Knowing the people who post on here, the bigger outcry will come when Brie knocks Nikki the fuck out in a couple of weeks.

The cutest part of Raw happened for me when they advertised their annual post-Christmas MSG house show.  

"All your favorite superstars will be there:   John Cena!  Daniel Bryan! CM Punk!  And fulfilling contractual obligations, The Big Show!"

• Like 1